Model Cars Magazine Forum

This has probably been posted before but I couldn't find anything doing a search. This is the Go Kart out of the AMT 1960 Chevy Fleetside pickup kit.  The frame was painted with Krylon Foil Metallic Silver, the red is Tamiya TS-8 Italian Red, the  black is Tamiya TS-6 Matt Black, the tires & steering wheel is Tamiya XF-85 Rubber Black, and the chains where painted with Testors Flat Brass.  The steering rod in the front was broken and could not be fixed so I replaced it with a piece of paper clip.  I elected not to use the seat belts as they did not look all that great.  I wired the engines and installed yellow plug boots and the exhaust pipes were drilled out and blacked out.  This was a fun little 3 day project that turned out pretty kewl.   

20220222_130350.jpg

20220222_132632.jpg

20220222_132808.jpg

20220222_132836.jpg

20220222_132843.jpg

20220222_132849.jpg

20220222_132927.jpg

20220222_133009.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bainford said:

That is super cool. Very nice work on that little critter. That's one of the coolest models I've seen. And, being a stickler for detail, I see you've wired the engines in the correct firing order. Well done!

I appreciate it. 

That is a knockout!  Somewhere I have a resin copy of this go-kart - I really am going to have to dig it out and build it now that I have seen this, easily the best version I have ever seen.  I have never used Tamiya black rubber before but seeing your results I will have to check that out as well!

Cheers 

Alan

5 minutes ago, alan barton said:

That is a knockout!  Somewhere I have a resin copy of this go-kart - I really am going to have to dig it out and build it now that I have seen this, easily the best version I have ever seen.  I have never used Tamiya black rubber before but seeing your results I will have to check that out as well!

Cheers 

Alan

Thanks Alan.  Dig out that resin copy and geter built. 

4 minutes ago, rightrudder said:

Love it! I can almost hear those tiny twin McCullochs(?) fire up.

As a guy who bought a truck for the specific reason of transporting a Tony 100-cc racing kart, I can relate!

Thanks man.  Yeah, the McCullochs were the cats meow back in the day.