Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Chevy Pro Street

Zippi

Well fellows....bench time for me in the Spring time is limited with all the yard work plus the remodeling inside the house.  I did manage get the 55 stripped down.  The Purple Pond didn't work so I put it in some 91% isopropyl for a couple days and it's pretty clean.  Weather is to cold and rainy for the next week so not sure when I can shoot some primer.   

20220407_085818.jpg

20220407_085832.jpg

Edited by Zippi

9 hours ago, slusher said:

Maybe you’ll get a day you can step out for primer. I have painted in very cold weather and stepped back inside. Randy B told me he has painted below freezing  he’s in Canada. 

Thanks Carl.  Yeah, warmer weather is on it's way.  I've painted in cold weather but the quality of the paint job is not as good.  I need all the help I can get ☺

Can you believe it.....I finally got Some fairly good weather to get some paint on the 55.  It was windy today but standing in the shed spraying seem to work.  Showers tomorrow so maybe I can get some clear on it on Tuesday.

20220410_125924.jpg.28381327b7ab2ad84bcbfdeaa6eacecb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I got a little work done on the 55 this morning.  I got the battery & the master cylinder plumbed and installed.  Somehow I managed to lose the red tail lights so now I'm stalled out.  

20220423_092652.jpg

20220423_123202.jpg

Edited by Zippi
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, crowe-t said:

Very nice!  What type of wire did you use for the master cylinder?

Thanks Michael.  I buy this telephone line at ACE Hardware and strip the insulation off one of the 4 wires.  I also use the insulation to slip over my 30 AWG wire for my spark plug boots 

20220423_124841.jpg

• Like 1

That 55 is looking fine Bob. I've been working on something a little different for me, a NASCAR ride. Got one of those Salvinos JR generic 71 Dodge Chargers and some decals for the Buddy Baker number 11 when he drove for Petty. I use to do a lot of the old Monogram NASCAR kits back about 30 years ago. This Salvinos kit is really nice. 

17 minutes ago, bluestringer said:

That 55 is looking fine Bob. I've been working on something a little different for me, a NASCAR ride. Got one of those Salvinos JR generic 71 Dodge Chargers and some decals for the Buddy Baker number 11 when he drove for Petty. I use to do a lot of the old Monogram NASCAR kits back about 30 years ago. This Salvinos kit is really nice. 

Thanks James.  Never had a NASCAR kit before.