Model Cars Magazine Forum

| Foose 65 Chevy Impala |

bluestringer

1 hour ago, rightrudder said:

Good lookin' mill! Me gusta los blue plug wires. 👍

Thanks. Got a blue theme going, here's the body, Wicked Opaque Daylight Blue. I'll give it a couple of days and shoot some Revive It gloss on it. 

0301221413.jpg

2 minutes ago, bluestringer said:

Thanks. Got a blue theme going, here's the body, Wicked Opaque Daylight Blue. I'll give it a couple of days and shoot some Revive It gloss on it. 

0301221413.jpg

The engine is looking good James.  Man, that's a nice blue.

• Like 1

Done a little polishing with Novus 1 and 2. Did the trim with a silver paint pen. Working on the chassis only to discover I am missing one of the rear springs. Don't know if I lost it, can't find it anywhere, or if it was never in the box. 

_IGP0636.jpg

_IGP0637.jpg

_IGP0638.jpg

_IGP0639.jpg

On 3/5/2022 at 10:46 AM, bluestringer said:

Done a little polishing with Novus 1 and 2. Did the trim with a silver paint pen. Working on the chassis only to discover I am missing one of the rear springs. Don't know if I lost it, can't find it anywhere, or if it was never in the box. 

_IGP0636.jpg

_IGP0637.jpg

_IGP0638.jpg

_IGP0639.jpg

Looking good James.  Well....at least the missing shock won't be visible on display.

On 3/5/2022 at 12:05 PM, rightrudder said:

Lookin' good! Bummer about the missing spring; I hope you can find it. I feel like I lose at least one tiny part per build when I drop it into the Carpet of No Return.

Thanks. Still a no show. 

1 hour ago, Zippi said:

Looking good James.  Well....at least the missing shock won't be visible on display.

Thanks Bob. Yea, not too concerned about it. Tried to make one, but it has that trailing arm connected to the coil spring, I'll just go with it as is. 

Working on my interior I found out a couple of things. First I'm too shaky to brush paint, and second the Wicked Colors Blue Acrylic is not very well suited for brushing. Or maybe I got it too thin. The white is Folkart Titanium white. 

_IGP0640.jpg

The interior treatment is attractive looking. As for the spring, check the flaps of the box. I have had small parts go missing of the parts tree and they often seem to lodge inside those flaps.

It's so hard to evenly apply paint with a brush over a larger area. That said, your interior looks pretty nice!

Taping stuff off for spraying is really tedious, but good masking tape (the Tamiya yellow stuff) helps quite a bit.