Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi from the unfocused guy in cali.

20220220_170515.thumb.jpg.e1d686348ea10665fddff14609e8c71b.jpg20220220_170539.thumb.jpg.dd67cd367794e81daa2ff5c8d1d00775.jpg20220220_170553.thumb.jpg.cea5a7d5a44b003aa39b5d88691b6a50.jpgAs the title says I have way to many hobbies and can't stay focused on one for long my builds take way longer than they should.  I'm 51 years old from So Cal and have been finished in the hobby since I was about 6 or 7 years old.  I build mostly race cars and modified import cars with a sprinkling of domestic cars once and a while.  As I said I spend my time between other hobbies I'm also into rc rock crawling, rc off road racing, road biking, mountain biking and I have my real cars I like to tinker on once and a while.  I also have a wife and daughter that keep me very busy so I find my modeling projects sitting on the workbench for extended stays lol.  I finished my last build last week and it was on the bench for almost two years but it's finally done.  Thanks for allowing me to join in on the fun here.

13 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Welcome to the forum Eric.  You really should build more.  This one and the other two I commented on are excellent builds.  We have similar tastes.

Thanks Rich!   I try but my rc crawling has kinda been getting in the way 😅 but I've been working on some stuff in between.

10 hours ago, Bainford said:

Welcome to the forum. I appreciate the problem of too many hobbies. It can be hard to find time.

Yeah it can get a little busy sometimes.  I tend to get hooked on one for a while and move to another for a while.  It's vicious circle.

6 hours ago, Rick L said:

Looks to me like you were pretty focused to make that build. Welcome Eric.

Yeah Rick when I do work on my builds I try to build to the best of my ability.  I  don't take it as seriously as I used to.   I did contest stuff for a lot of years but got burned out so I just build to relax now.

On 2/27/2022 at 9:21 AM, 8915civicnut said:

As the title says I have way to many hobbies and can't stay focused on one for long my builds take way longer than they should.  I'm 51 years old from So Cal and have been finished in the hobby since I was about 6 or 7 years old.  I build mostly race cars and modified import cars with a sprinkling of domestic cars once and a while.  As I said I spend my time between other hobbies I'm also into rc rock crawling, rc off road racing, road biking, mountain biking and I have my real cars I like to tinker on once and a while.  I also have a wife and daughter that keep me very busy so I find my modeling projects sitting on the workbench for extended stays lol.  I finished my last build last week and it was on the bench for almost two years but it's finally done.  Thanks for allowing me to join in on the fun here.

Eric, are you in San Diego by any chance.  We have a pretty good model car club here.   You are welcome to join.  PM me if you want more info.  We meet on the third Tuesday of the month. 

1 hour ago, Pete J. said:

Eric, are you in San Diego by any chance.  We have a pretty good model car club here.   You are welcome to join.  PM me if you want more info.  We meet on the third Tuesday of the month. 

No sir I'm in the San bernardino area but thanks for the offer.  I don't have a set schedule at work so mid week meetings are to plan.