Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question

HELP NEEDED. Trying to finish up my Consolidated Freightways White freightliner but cannot find a picture anywhere that clearly shows where the air and electrical hoses go. I can see from the kit parts that two of the hoses (I assume these are the air lines) are attached to the pogo stick but I don't know where there other end attaches to. I dont No indication at all where the electrical line goes. I have done google searches but the lines just kind of disappear in the shadows. Does anyone know of a diagram or clear pictures can be found?

It depends on how accurate you want to be.
The air supply and service lines goes to a valve in the frame somewhere and the electrical goes to a junction box inside the frame rails.
But if you want it to be simple the lines can go down to the base of the pogo stick and end there.

Here is a schematic on the air lines on the tractor, trailer ans a converter dolly if you want to be more accurate and detailed.

airbrake.jpg

Edited by Force

I took a side trip over to your build posts - Your truck is looking good

What type of hosetenna mounting are you using?  on the LH rail, hosetenna a-frame mounted (really more of a hoop that goes from LH rail to RH rail with hosetenna in the center) or just a flat strap that goes between the rails mounted level with the top of the rail. 

mounted on the LH rail - the tractor protection valve will be in the rail with hoses routed to air couplings on the hosetenna bracket.

A-frame mounted - early Freightliners had the same trailer connection plumbing, but later simply had the tractor protection mounted valve mounted on the a-frame at the base of the hosetenna.

Freightliner didn't have a standard installation for a hosetenna mounted level with the top of the rail with a bracket between rails. but it would have had standard air and electrical connections on the LH rail.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Muncie

As has already been said it varied per truck specs. 
Every old cabover Freightliner that I remember dealing with had the electrical plug in the back of the cab.

839DAF4E-9D7D-4C57-B7E1-967F0049870F.thumb.jpeg.609bb24e6c9a662166c9469c62ddbec4.jpeg
AB55B92E-368F-488B-9E73-136F5D07FD71.jpeg.b9a310dc97a45e23f23d5499b4e61e1f.jpeg

Here is a picture of the two airlines at the frame. The green electric cord is just lying there.

02FB7B01-33BB-4302-950E-7483C1522947.jpeg.f1bf19e133a2cb5cd3e766ced073abd7.jpeg

This one feeds out under the pogo stick. Possibly not original.

F15B00FE-3D75-4895-9C3B-13CB0E1CD69D.thumb.jpeg.1a222202261ba50c52ef65f88dfba139.jpeg

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71