Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell 1981 Z28 questions

It took some doing, but after a few trips into the freezer, I have succeeded in separating the body of the Revell Z28 that I am building as a gift for my son from the chassis. It seems to be a very simple kit but I Can't tell for sure whether the tail lights and rear trim panel were cast separate from the body or are they integral. The model has quite a few layers of paint on it and it's difficult to tell for sure although the tail lights seem to appear as  if they were separate pieces. I'd like to know for sure if they are integral or not before I put it in the stripper. There is no evidence on the underside of the body that they are not an integral part of the body but if some one has an instruction sheet for the kit, and could let me know, that would simplify things a whole lot.

P1020094.JPG

P1020095.JPG

P1020096.JPG

P1020097.JPG

Can you see a seam on the underside of the body?  I'd think that, if the part doesn't look as though it can be separated from the body, the parts might be welded together with cement.  The undercut on the bumper (how far it tucks under at the lower edge) would indicate a separate piece to me...just a question of where it joins the body.