Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 agora Lamborghini Miura

Brudda

Thank you guys,  Ray I do not know what I’m where I’m going to store these big cars. Looking at a new house. One room will be the finished room with glass cases in the wall. At least this is what I’m trying to talk to the wife about. We’ll see.LOL meaning wish me luck. The cobra is really great to just stare at. I find myself just looking at it for a long time. Weird. I really have to thank my friend Mark for setting me up with so many kits from all over the world.  Lucky to be friends with him. He never really had to work ( but does) has a grandfather that set him up for life. But he is a very gratuitous and caring person. He knows he cannot finish all of these models so he gives them to many of us in our model club. For instance a bunch of us were given a wingnut wings kit for a group guild. So we are building a ww1 biplanes. I have no idea how to do this, but I’m learning. He gets us out or comfort zone and presses us to do something a little different. Great guy!!! Well sorry for the rambling. Let’s get building!!!

2 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

This one looks reeeeaaall tempting! Gotta finish up (actually get started) on the Jag E-Type first though.

Hello Bill, well i am doing the lambo. The finish is really good. The wheel seems good also. I will keep you posted on what’s happening. Post the jag. That is a really beautiful car! It’s in the air that I may be doing the 917. I’ll let you know if that’s going to happen. 

22 minutes ago, Brudda said:

Hello Bill, well i am doing the lambo. The finish is really good. The wheel seems good also. I will keep you posted on what’s happening. Post the jag. That is a really beautiful car! It’s in the air that I may be doing the 917. I’ll let you know if that’s going to happen. 

Yeah, I REALLY need to finish up the Shelby before I get started on anything else. Then, there's GSL coming up the middle of next year, and I have a definite project in mind for that. I do want to get started on the Jag, but I'm afraid if I do I'll never stop! Building these large scales can be addicting! 😁

The next car after the Shelby would be a bit of a first for me......it'll be one of the 3D printed bodies I got recently (Cutlass) and this will be a change from having a ready made kit on hand to build.

I'll definitely get to the E-Type.....I just better not get too far off track if I want to get to finishing the other one before say this time next year.

6 hours ago, cobraman said:

I wonder if we will ever see a 1/8 scale Daytona Cobra ?

8 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Yeah, I REALLY need to finish up the Shelby before I get started on anything else. Then, there's GSL coming up the middle of next year, and I have a definite project in mind for that. I do want to get started on the Jag, but I'm afraid if I do I'll never stop! Building these large scales can be addicting! 😁

The next car after the Shelby would be a bit of a first for me......it'll be one of the 3D printed bodies I got recently (Cutlass) and this will be a change from having a ready made kit on hand to build.

I'll definitely get to the E-Type.....I just better not get too far off track if I want to get to finishing the other one before say this time next year.

3D printed body? Sounds very interesting 

7 minutes ago, Brudda said:

3D printed body? Sounds very interesting 

Yup.........It'll be this one..........a car I've been wanting to do for a loooooong time.

P1017271.JPG.c4891fa20ee4e59ea7d93ead5dc73f4a.JPG
P1017279.JPG.d1e8cab722681b484cf61659685ae6b4.JPG

This '76-'77 Cutlass body was 3D printed by Robert Burns on FB (Too Many Projects), and I have all that's needed now to get it together. Interior, detailed chassis and engine, and some of my own stuff out of the parts box. ;)

28 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

Yup.........It'll be this one..........a car I've been wanting to do for a loooooong time.

This '76-'77 Cutlass body was 3D printed by Robert Burns on FB (Too Many Projects), and I have all that's needed now to get it together. Interior, detailed chassis and engine, and some of my own stuff out of the parts box. ;)

Bill that is cool!!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

That's a nice, clean looking print.

• Like 1

The left door. The factory paint is very good. Perfect tone of yellow. The glass is clean and packaging is good. Making my way thru the Italian instructions. Agora will have everything in English. I was lucky to have the kit before it’s introduction. So far the kit is very nice. I love cars for their styling. In my collage days, I wanted to go to styling school for automotive. The Ferrari P4 is my favorite styling and this Miura is right there also. The Italian cars of the 60’s are very beautiful. My favorite styling studio is pininfarina. Anyway this Lamborghini model is really nice so far. 

CB2CD132-5ED1-44CB-A8BC-FD60A37C5295.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brudda said:

The left door. The factory paint is very good. Perfect tone of yellow. The glass is clean and packaging is good. Making my way thru the Italian instructions. Agora will have everything in English. I was lucky to have the kit before it’s introduction. So far the kit is very nice. I love cars for their styling. In my collage days, I wanted to go to styling school for automotive. The Ferrari P4 is my favorite styling and this Miura is right there also. The Italian cars of the 60’s are very beautiful. My favorite styling studio is pininfarina. Anyway this Lamborghini model is really nice so far. 

CB2CD132-5ED1-44CB-A8BC-FD60A37C5295.jpeg

The dash is pretty cool. Made of some sort of rubber/ material that has a velvet touch to it. The seat feels the same. 

AD2B3D00-955E-4A33-978C-B4C5DBDFF28D.jpeg

DA5AD6DE-2D6E-4B65-A252-44DCD42FA275.jpeg

That's a serious looking kit and build Bruce.  If the entire kit is like the wheels and tires, you've made a fantastic choice. I agree wholeheartedly with you the Miura was / is on of the finest cars ever made.  Enjoy.   Cheers, tim

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 6:47 PM, MrObsessive said:

I got a '77 when I was in the Air Force, LOVED that car. How can I get one of these? Or maybe two, yes two?

4 hours ago, Codi said:

That's a serious looking kit and build Bruce.  If the entire kit is like the wheels and tires, you've made a fantastic choice. I agree wholeheartedly with you the Miura was / is on of the finest cars ever made.  Enjoy.   Cheers, tim

Thank you Codi, just started on the engine. So far it’s a pretty simple and well engineered kit. 

2 hours ago, cobraman said:

Those parts look great !

Hello Ray. This kit is pretty cool but the cobra ( to me in my humble opinion) is the ultimate. I’m kind of biased for the Shelby American autos. The styling of the Miura is just beautiful. But as a real car, it’s hard to beat a great big block ford. I guess I’m just a blue collar guy. 

1 hour ago, carl63_99 said:

I got a '77 when I was in the Air Force, LOVED that car. How can I get one of these? Or maybe two, yes two?

You'll want to get in touch with Robert Burns on FB. His page there is "Too Many Projects", and every so often he offers a group buy of the cars he has. He only does this every couple months or so, and then he only offers a 10 day window for those on his page to request what they'd like from him. I embedded the link under his group name.

The models have no interiors or glass, so one is on their own to come up with that. I think in the future he may offer full kits, but this last go round he got absolutely swamped with orders.