Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 agora Lamborghini Miura

Brudda

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Man that interior looks great !

Thank you Ray, this car and the ford GT are harder to put together. A lot more things on them. You have to model them. Have to wait on parts to arrive. So back on the ford GT. 

• 2 months later...

I'm on the Agora notification list, I'd LOVE to get the whole kit at once, even though it's expensive, have you looked at the price of a 1:1 Miura?  LOL

I'm a modeller who can and will add extra details, paint, and such, and from your pictures, it just looks so amazing, that no matter the cost I MUST have it!! 

I'm on a Pocher Aventor build that's stalled due to a family tragedy and that model box is buried under another household's belongings filling our basement.

Still too sensitive to my wife to move that so I'll have to wait, but I don't mind.

I'll have to wait for Agora as well, so no problem, it could become a Lambo shop here someday, all in 1/8th scale!

Ciao.

Edited by dino246gt

13 hours ago, beeRS said:

Wow. What a kit! Impressive work so far. The Miura is probably my all time favourite poster car.
I’d love to build a 1/8th some day. I’ve never tackled anything bigger than 1/12 scale. 

Thank you beeRS, but it’s the kit. I’m just assembling. 

4 hours ago, dino246gt said:

I'm on the Agora notification list, I'd LOVE to get the whole kit at once, even though it's expensive, have you looked at the price of a 1:1 Miura?  LOL

I'm a modeller who can and will add extra details, paint, and such, and from your pictures, it just looks so amazing, that no matter the cost I MUST have it!! 

I'm on a Pocher Aventor build that's stalled due to a family tragedy and that model box is buried under another household's belongings filling out basement.

Still too sensitive to my wife to move that so I'll have to wait, but I don't mind.

I'll have to wait for Agora as well, so no problem, it could become a Lambo shop here someday, all in 1/8th scale!

Ciao.

I believe you will not be disappointed. I’m just assembling the kit. Just think what can be done if you modeled, detailed it? These are expensive kits but at the NNL West, I was offered big money for some of those finished models. Especially if they are no longer making the kit. I’m sorry for your family tragedy. Hope you guys get back to normal soon. 

• Like 1

Here is what has been completed. This and the ford GT are more complex to assemble than the cobra. The instructions make it a breeze to assemble. A lot of wires but wiring instructions will be simple and thought thru. 

91280448-AB8C-4B90-AB9A-383BDF7FB64C.jpeg

• Like 1

Totally enjoying this build. Great photography. Having owned 6 Italian cars from a total of 3 decades, its fun to spot the shared components that Lamborghini utilized. Love the classic color. I would be interested in these big builds by these model companies if the full kit arrived at one time and the price was a one time transaction.

6 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Coming along nicely.

I'm curious. Is this strictly screw together assembly or is there any gluing of parts for an out of the box build.

Hello bobthehobbyguy. It is supposed to be a screw together car but you do have to model it somewhat. I would recommend that you have a drill bit selection and some superglue. Some things need to be assembled (glued) like a model, even they say just press together. But if you really go all out, you will need a different set of tools. I did this on a cobra 427 of agora’s. Repainted it and did a lot of mods to the kit. A big selection of drill bits. Wire selection and a automotive spray gun. It’s so big that a airbrush will not  do. Bought a mini automotive buffer so my fingers would not fall off. Things like that. But if you just build it ( out of box ) like this one, your regular model tools should be just fine. Let me tell you, if you do go all out, it would be a supermodel. Thank you sir. Here is a pic of the agora 427 cobra that I repainted and detailed. I’m going to enter it in a IPMS event next weekend to see how it holds up to other models. 

85A6ECEC-D6C8-42D1-AD37-5460B6BB5ABF.jpeg

F6FF2968-2506-4627-B157-A80D862480FA.jpeg

5 minutes ago, gbtr6 said:

I see black and red wires, do the lights work?

Perry

Hello gbtr6, yes the car headlights work and the tail lamps work. You step on the brake and the brake lights work. Their is a few wires for the interior but I do not know what those are for yet. The doors have a micro switch and I do not know what those go to. Seems like a interior light switch for the doors. But not really sure. I’m sure it says somewhere, but since it is in Italian I have not figured it out yet. 

5 hours ago, rrb124@sbcglobal.net said:

Totally enjoying this build. Great photography. Having owned 6 Italian cars from a total of 3 decades, its fun to spot the shared components that Lamborghini utilized. Love the classic color. I would be interested in these big builds by these model companies if the full kit arrived at one time and the price was a one time transaction.

Hello sir, yes that is a problem of subscription kits. Ray ( cobra man) has bought a cobra when the whole kit was available. I understand the concern.  Thank you

6 hours ago, Mike C. said:

That model is truly impressive. So many intricate features it easy to not notice many of them. Looks really nice in that yellow with the black interior. The also look good in that orange color.

Thank you Mike C. 

2 minutes ago, Brudda said:

Hello sir, yes that is a problem of subscription kits. Ray ( cobra man) has bought a cobra when the whole kit was available. I understand the concern.  Thank you

I'm going to get to that Cobra this year ! Most likely. 😀

• 2 months later...
On 6/19/2022 at 7:52 AM, bobthehobbyguy said:

Coming along nicely.

I'm curious. Is this strictly screw together assembly or is there any gluing of parts for an out of the box build.

Hello Bob, sorry for the slow response as I just received more parts and looked at the forum. It is screw together but some parts need gluing. This is a out of box build. I cannot change the car as per my instructions from Agora.  But if you do a little detail, they turn out great

On 6/19/2022 at 8:32 AM, Mike C. said:

That model is truly impressive. So many intricate features it easy to not notice many of them. Looks really nice in that yellow with the black interior. The also look good in that orange color.

Thank you Mike

On 6/19/2022 at 9:34 AM, rrb124@sbcglobal.net said:

Thank you sir, and yes I understand the hesitation. But agora is and will keep their promise. For example these parts took time to get here. Some kits are available as a complete kit. Just have to look into it and they will let you know if it’s fully available.