Model Cars Magazine Forum

JOHAN 1959 DODGE CUSTOM ROYAL LANCER

gks1964

8 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Beautiful model. Year ago when kits like this were new I wouldn't give them a second look but now ? I realize what cool cars they all were. If I could only talk to my young self.

55 To 61 to me were the greatest cars ever built!!

Beautiful and rare, I'm a little jealous. You're right Ray. if we could go back in time for a day, I would buy several models of the whole jo-han line. To think I use to buy some of these for 3.50$ at the local store. They had interesting subjects and their bodies were really good . Ah well .

• Like 1

Really like that understated two-tone green and your foil work is beautiful! I agree with the other other comments how some car designs start to look better (or at least more “interesting”) with the passage of time. Love the over-the-top tail lights and fins on this Dodge.

• Like 1

The cars of the "Jet Age" were indeed great designs. We could always look forward to completely new designs every year in the showrooms. I remember piling in cars and driving to the dealers to gather the color brochures to be drooled over later. Good times.

• Like 1

Just now, misterNNL said:

The cars of the "Jet Age" were indeed great designs. We could always look forward to completely new designs every year in the showrooms. I remember piling in cars and driving to the dealers to gather the color brochures to be drooled over later. Good times during those high school years.

• Like 1