Model Cars Magazine Forum

51 Henry J Gasser

Zippi

Got the 51 Henry J Gasser completed.  For me, this was one tough cookie.  From the rear end, the doors, and the tilt front end it had it's fitment issues all the way through.  I'm glad it's done and for what I had to work with I think it came out pretty good.  The engine is out of the Revell 1929 Ford Roadster kit.  It was primed with Tamiya primer, Tamiya TS-56 Brilliant orange for the top coat, and TS-13 Clear.  It was slightly wet sanded then polished. 

WIP:   http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/168904-1951-henry-j-gasser/

20220309_133710.jpg

20220309_120842.jpg

20220309_120806.jpg

20220309_120855.jpg

20220309_120922.jpg

20220309_120946.jpg

20220309_121004.jpg

20220309_134629.jpg

20220309_121041.jpg

Edited by Zippi
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, rrb124@sbcglobal.net said:

Love this drag machine. Color, stance and everything is home run. Shouldn't have to fight poor fitment but you did and a winner!

Thanks for posting.

Thanks man.  I do appreciate the feedback.  

15 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Well my Friend, you did an absolute great job on the little guy.  All aspects of it are right on!!  Two thumbs up for that one👌👌

Thanks Buddy.  I appreciate it.

Excellent execution of a very cool subject.  Any problems you may have had seem to have been solved as everything looks perfect!  Details such as the floor treatment, wheelie bars, ignition wiring, and tire markings really make this scale model car outstanding.

22 minutes ago, Andrew McD said:

Excellent execution of a very cool subject.  Any problems you may have had seem to have been solved as everything looks perfect!  Details such as the floor treatment, wheelie bars, ignition wiring, and tire markings really make this scale model car outstanding.

Thanks Andrew.  I appreciate the feedback.

5 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Yours turned out very nice. Would you consider the color a close match to Orbit Orange as used on 70 GTOs?

R.b6caccdee9c0b5874fb301472f478f20.jpg

Thanks Bill.  Looking at the two cars side by side the colors do look close. 

Side By Side.jpg

11 hours ago, Zippi said:

Thanks Andrew.  I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks Tony.  It's a pretty kewl looking kit but boy oh boy does it have some issues.  The big headaches are the rear end, doors, and the tilt front end.  Of course, the engine needs to be replaced as well.