Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1960 3-in-1 Ford F-100 Pickup Truck

For those interested in following through on more chassis detail, here's the 57-60 frame profile...

60ftrkfrm-vi.jpg

I've heard that Mr Holthaus recommended using the amt mid-fifties truck frame under his resin 57-60 offerings.

And a link to a couple of Roger's (plowboy) superb builds...

and another great build deserving mention...

Can't have Mr Coulter feeling left out...

DSCN0195.JPG.3661c55706b36b2fae833dbc67533c68.JPG

If he flips the color scheme, he can use his new decals  ^_^

Great inspirations here.

Edited by mk11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is going to be a big hit. I hope they include a correct stock intake system as an alternative to the triple 2s, as well as correct factory wheels, as I've been left with the impression that they weren't in the original kit. Either way, good bet I'll grab one.

Charlie Larkin

19 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

And yet some folks still gotta have the original:

1802326767_60fordpickuplisting.jpg.7c66962a022b9d70b7cb02ea014e0c32.jpg

Haha, there’s a CBP over on the TRaK board for these and I thought “I wouldn’t mind entering that” but they stipulate you need to build an original issue kit.

I still want to enter, but I don’t care about it THAT much to where I’d buy an original at current prices…

3 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Haha, there’s a CBP over on the TRaK board for these and I thought “I wouldn’t mind entering that” but they stipulate you need to build an original issue kit.

I still want to enter, but I don’t care about it THAT much to where I’d buy an original at current prices…

Well it wouldn't be much of a Group Build if everyone waited until Late Fall or maybe even Christmas time to get the new kit before getting started. There's so much in the pipeline at Round2 right now I don't see how a newly announced project that's only in prototype stages will arrive any sooner. There are at least 6 new tool kits in front of it without taking into account all the other "normal" reissues that run throughout the year.

10 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

And yet some folks still gotta have the original:

Which, is fine. Having the option to purchase either or both an original or re-creation is a luxury we should appreciate while it exists. That capital injection Round2 received a few years ago is paying serious dividends for the automotive modeler, so enjoy it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Well it wouldn't be much of a Group Build if everyone waited until Late Fall or maybe even Christmas time to get the new kit before getting started. There's so much in the pipeline at Round2 right now I don't see how a newly announced project that's only in prototype stages will arrive any sooner. There are at least 6 new tool kits in front of it without taking into account all the other "normal" reissues that run throughout the year.

14 hours ago, CabDriver said:

The point of the community build on TRaK is to kickstart some of those old builds of the original kit to get completed before the new Round2 version hits the shelves and the originals become "less unique" (in the instigator, Bob Black's words)

2 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

The point of the community build on TRaK is to kickstart some of those old builds of the original kit to get completed before the new Round2 version hits the shelves and the originals become "less unique" (in the instigator, Bob Black's words)

Oh yeah, I get it - no complaints (and I’m really only a lurker over there anyway)…I was mainly commenting on being surprised how much originals are selling for.  

Some of those are selling for 1:1 car payment money!

1 hour ago, oldcarfan said:

I'm hoping for a short wide bed and then maybe they can use the bed off the AMT 53 Ford truck for a stepside?

I don't know about "they" (mixing and matching part inserts from different tools isn't that simple), but we certainly can.

6 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

I don't know about "they" (mixing and matching part inserts from different tools isn't that simple), but we certainly can.

That's old school thinking, Dave.

Cuz they can scan the interesting parts of old kits and cut new tooling. For instance whole engine families can be tooled and tossed in newly designed "cluster" kits. 

IMHO the Kats at Round-2 are just barely getting started...

Edited by Luc Janssens
  • Like 1