Model Cars Magazine Forum

Plane flyover

gbdolfans

10xs?Man that had to be pretty annoying.Looks so low that it could’ve shaken the pictures off the walls.Don’t have any idea what kind it is,just that’s it’s pretty dam large,and low.I would assume it’s military.Is that a usual occurrence living so close to the airport?

I live near Charlotte and these come and go at the airport all the time, there's an Air National Guard station there. The approach to the airport sometimes brings them over a 4 lane highway just above tree top level. It's pretty wild to drive under a plane that big coming in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gbdolfans said:

Hi this plane flew over my house about 10 times tonight. We live about 2 milesfrom the Asheville Regional Airport. Maybe doing touch and goes?

any idea what kind it is?

Is is possible that there were actually 10 of them coming in for a landing, instead of one circling 10 times?

On 3/10/2022 at 9:37 PM, alexis said:

Beautiful T-28 Trojan.

Got any more pics of that?

:)

On 3/10/2022 at 9:43 PM, Snake45 said:

Yes! And the A-1 Skyraider next to it! B)

These are the only ones I have on the computer, and I'll add a couple C-17 pics I snapped while they were doing touch & go's at Patrick AFB/SFB in Cocoa Beach. I'll look on a thumb drive as I'm sure I still have the photos of the Skyraider somewhere!

DSC_1108.jpg

DSC_1120.jpg

SNF_07.jpg

SNF_24.jpg

1 hour ago, RSchnell said:

These are the only ones I have on the computer, and I'll add a couple C-17 pics I snapped while they were doing touch & go's at Patrick AFB/SFB in Cocoa Beach. I'll look on a thumb drive as I'm sure I still have the photos of the Skyraider somewhere!

DSC_1108.jpg

I'm not a military aircraft buff, but looking at this photo, the B52's moniker "BUFF" suits this plane much better.  At least the G-rated version: Big Ugly Fat Fellow. :)

On 3/12/2022 at 12:01 AM, peteski said:

I'm not a military aircraft buff, but looking at this photo, the B52's moniker "BUFF" suits this plane much better.  At least the G-rated version: Big Ugly Fat Fellow. :)

Thats a good one Peter.  I am a military aircraft "buff" and a big B-52 fan but that BUFF moniker does fit the C-17....maybe a sexy BUFF.😂