Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 500 F2 1952 German G.P. Winner Alberto Ascari 1/12 scale

Hi,

I am posting photos of my latest model, the Ferrari 500 F2 that won the German Grand Prix wich was raced at the Nurburgring on August 3, 1952, driven by Alberto Ascari.

This is the car that won the first World Championship for Ferrari.

The starter kit is an 1/12 scale MG Model , an italian kits manufacturer that has been closed for several years, certainly not comparable to the current Model factory Hiro kits.

i am at your disposal for any clarifications on the model created.

Regards,

Giovanni La Rosa from Italy

giovanni@fratelli-larosa.com

IMG-20211124-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20211203-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20211204-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20211204-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20211204-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20211205-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20211205-WA0020.jpg

DSCN2807.JPG.resized.JPG

DSCN2811.JPG.resized.JPG

• Like 4

Hi everyone,
I thank you for the compliments on the Ferrari 500 F2 and I am very happy that you like it.
On 3, 4, 5 December 2021 I partecipated in the Historical Modeling Competition Exhibition which was held in my city, Catania.
The exhibition was organized by a modeling group, the CSMS specialized in military and non-military figures.
Although there were hundreds of airplanes, military vehicles, dioramas and figures, my Ferrari 500 F2 won the Best of Show at the show !
This gave me enormous pleasure and I was very happy to share the photos of the model with you.
Thank you,
Giovanni La Rosa
P.s. If anyone is interested in particular aspects of editing, I am very happy to be able to answer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

Beautiful build Giovanni!

How were able reproduce the machined dashboard effect ?

Congratulations on the best in show !

Cheers

Hi Belugawrx,

the effect on the dashboard was obtained using the Model factory Hiro adhesive sheet that you can see in the photos that I am attaching to you.
Furthermore, on the dashboard, the fixing screws (two in the upper part in the center, and two in the lower part) of the dashboard have been positioned. Frames and instruments are those supplied with the kit.
Regards,
Giovanni La Rosa

DSCN2853.JPG.resized.JPG

DSCN2854.JPG.resized.JPG

16 hours ago, Giovanni La Rosa said:

Hi everyone,
I thank you for the compliments on the Ferrari 500 F2 and I am very happy that you like it.
On 3, 4, 5 December 2021 I partecipated in the Historical Modeling Competition Exhibition which was held in my city, Catania.
The exhibition was organized by a modeling group, the CSMS specialized in military and non-military figures.
Although there were hundreds of airplanes, military vehicles, dioramas and figures, my Ferrari 500 F2 won the Best of Show at the show !
This gave me enormous pleasure and I was very happy to share the photos of the model with you.
Thank you,
Giovanni La Rosa
P.s. If anyone is interested in particular aspects of editing, I am very happy to be able to answer.

Felicitazioni Giovanni! I love everything about your model; the detail, choice of materials and textures, and its history. Well deserved award!