Model Cars Magazine Forum

Olson Brothers... Need parts but no replies to emails

I have tried several times to email Olson Brothers regarding placing an order, but so far no one has acknowledged my attempts to contact them. Perhaps my contact information is out of date so if anyone knows how to contact them, I;d really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

I know, I'm having the same problem with BSR3D, I was in contact with him about an order, after he replied, I placed the order within hrs. That was mid/late January, no product, no response to two emails.

I mean, USCP (in Ukraine) posted the same day a message on Facebook and his website that the country was attacked in the morning, with his apologies and his hopes to get back at it as soon as he is able.

Hopefully these individuals are ok and reply as soon as they can.

6 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

I know, I'm having the same problem with BSR3D, I was in contact with him about an order, after he replied, I placed the order within hrs. That was mid/late January, no product, no response to two emails.

I mean, USCP (in Ukraine) posted the same day a message on Facebook and his website that the country was attacked in the morning, with his apologies and his hopes to get back at it as soon as he is able.

Hopefully these individuals are ok and reply as soon as they can.

Thanks Karl. One never knows what is going on in peoples' lives and life can throw some curve balls such as that mess that is occurring over there at the moment. I really hope that you get the items that  you paid for..

On 3/16/2022 at 4:30 AM, 64SS350 said:

Well, the BSR3D website is down for maintenance, so that's something....?

That guy had taken a bunch of people’s money in the past and not fulfilled the orders…he’s still active on Instagram and making new stuff, it looks like, but buyer beware on that one…

• Like 1

UPDATE - Chris Olson has been in touch with me and it seems that it would be difficult to hope to meet a more pleasant individual. I'm ordering some items that I need and frankly, I'd give Chris a AAA+++ rating for honesty and good service. His shipping rates are awesome and I'm confidant that I'll be tickled pink with the quality of his product. Thanks Chris - it's so good to meet a class act guy!!!

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 9:22 PM, CabDriver said:

That guy had taken a bunch of people’s money in the past and not fulfilled the orders…he’s still active on Instagram and making new stuff, it looks like, but buyer beware on that one…

Sorry to hear that Jim.. being taken to the cleaners is never a good situation,, I've been scammed in the past - the worst was the late Xel (sp?) products with their enticing list of old JoHan re-releases.. that was a few years ago and it was an expensive lesson for me - even back then. Reading some of the horror stories of aftermarket scammers really gives a guy cause to think before sending any money.

I'm glad you and Chris connected, I know he has been super busy and sometimes has issues with communication. I don't know what the specifics were though, I am only part of the operation by sibling genetics and have no involvement with the inner workings. He uses me to bounce ideas off and share new product ideas., that's about it. 

• Like 2

Thank you for the heads up.. he did make mention ion our correspondence that he is working on some new items.. I'll have to email him and ask what is on the agenda... I did make mention of some under hood detail items for the Scouts being needed but I don't think those are n his radar at the moment. Right now, I'll just be happy to get the items that I ordered to get a project completed and off my work table where it has resided for an embarrassingly long time..  Some '67 -79 Ford truck stuff would be nice as well.. just sayin'.

Pure speculation on my part but he may be swamped with orders, and/or having problems getting material. I haven't even been able to access his site recently. There's another notable caster in a similar situation right now. I had Chris' cell number at one time but naturally I didn't save it to my current phone. 

Thanks Chuck,

Actually, Chris did tell me that he has orders ahead of mine, so I expect a delay. A friend tole me that he could not access Chris' site as well but so far, I've never had any issues. I sure like some of his offerings and need to get my hands on some Moebius F100s.. especially that 4x4 version.  Exchange rated and shipping costs into Canada do nothing to cause me to want to rush right  out and buy several of them. And then there is the delivery time.. my wife bought some sewing items that took seven months to make it to our mail box. That's kinda extreme, but a waiting for a package for month or more waiting is not unusual. I'm not sure which postal carrier is dropping the ball any more, but things sure are not what they used to be, As for problems getting materials, I have no problem believing that any more.

Something this covid issue is teaching me is patience, in all areas. We're so used to getting things quickly, including information, but I'm finding that it's not that simple anymore. So many people have so many things happening in their lives right now that people are overwhelmed and it's causing a ripple effect down the chain. Especially restaurants, grocery stores and medical offices. Bare shelves are still a thing while the supply chain is still partially paralyzed. I send one prescription to Canada due to the extremely high cost here and it took over a month for them to receive it via postal mail. And still it will take 4-6 weeks to get it instead of the 2-4 weeks it used to take. 

I've been saving my model stuff for future use because of the prices of kits and paint these days. Instead, I've gone back to building & repairing guitar amps which is my second major hobby and was a second income at one time. 

• Like 1

I think that what has transpired over the last two years has affected us all and not necessarily in a good and positive way. People in general seem more stressed and uncertain about so much and our way of life has definitely taken a hit. During my last visit to a hobby shop, it seemed that prices had not yet gone up but with the price of model kits here in Canada ($40 - $50.00 and up for car kits ), I have not bought any kits ion some time. It used to be that some deals could be had on ebay but with their controlling shipping cost like they seem to enjoy doing, it's become too expensive for yours truly. Then there is the uncertainty as to when something will arrive, as you mentioned. It's all slowly choking the life out of the hobby for some of us as things become increasingly expensive.

If there is one thing I have learned about the products from Olson Bros, it's that they are worth the wait. The quality is like something you would expect from a kit piece and not some rough casting.

Like so many other casters, I am sure the surge in orders, delays in getting supplies and being a small operation has created the perfect storm in overwhelming them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I placed my first order through their website on April 22nd. The website says that normal turnaround time is 2-3 weeks, but that it can be longer. I sent a follow up email on May 15th asking for an update but have not received an answer thus far. I don't mind waiting, and I certainly understand how long resin turnaround times can be. But the lack of response so far is starting to worry me.

With all due respect, your worries and fears are unwarranted. One resin caster with whom I have had recent contact is six months behind in filling orders due to difficulties getting materials. Your parts will prove to be well worth the extra wait and I do not think, based on my own experiences, you have anything to worry about, I've had several unhappy resin caster experiences but Olson Brothers sure was in no way, a disappointment. It took a bit longer than I expected to receive my order, but it was well worth the extra time. Despite the tone of my original post ( for which I apologize, by the way ) and after actually interacting, I'd give this seller a AAA+++ rating!

The quality of the items that  you will receive, if they are at all comparable to those that were sent to fill my order, will prove to be well worth the wait. It took me several tries but Ii did get a reply and there are no complaints here. As a matter of fact, I'll be placing another order for some more parts in the next day or so. I wish you well.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 1:46 AM, av405 said:

I appreciate your post. I wish communication was better but it is what it is. I will continue to wait. 

Guys, I know Chris appreciates all of your patience. I spoke to him yesterday and he said he had a huge backlog from the new product sales and is finally getting through it. He has also purchased a second printer that he's getting dialed in to help with time issues. 

I will also tell you that he is unfortunately not great at communications and sometimes doesn't even look at his computer for days. He will freely admit that. It's not good business but it is what it is and everyone will get their products. He doesn't do that to disrespect anyone and I'm not making excuses for him, as his brother I'm just telling you how it is. As much as I would like to help him with these communications, I have my own responsibilities to deal with and this is exactly why I said when he released the new products that there could be lengthy delays so expect it to take a while. He is a one man shop and he spends all his time working on orders and new products. Most of you have received your parts by now I think, and I'm hoping the quality makes up for the communication issues. 

• Like 2