Model Cars Magazine Forum

Texas 3D Customs

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Ordered. Decided not to wait for if/when you put them on eBay. Also got the turbo charged 302. Looking forward to both!

Why would you want to go through eBay? The price is higher and there's no sales tax on my website except for Texans. I mean it will go to eBay eventually all engines do, but $27.50+tax on eBay $25 flat on my website, I am confused.

15 minutes ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

Why would you want to go through eBay? The price is higher and there's no sales tax on my website except for Texans. I mean it will go to eBay eventually all engines do, but $27.50+tax on eBay $25 flat on my website, I am confused.

Sorry, hoping that you don't think I was knocking you for it not being on ebay yet. Ordering from your website was very easy, but I had never done it before and didn't know how involved it was going to be. That's why I was entertaining the thought of just waiting for ebay. Plus, on eBay the shipping is free, wasn't sure if that was the case in ordering direct (which it IS still free on the website, my fellow potential buyers.!)

In my mind I was assuming ebay was going to be easier since I'm already all set up to make purchases there. But like I said, your website was quick and easy, and has benefits over using the 'bay.

So, again, for anyone interested in this stuff... USE THE WEBSITE!

Just now, Mr. Metallic said:

Sorry, hoping that you don't think I was knocking you for it not being on ebay yet. Ordering from your website was very easy, but I had never done it before and didn't know how involved it was going to be. That's why I was entertaining the thought of just waiting for ebay. Plus, on eBay the shipping is free, wasn't sure if that was the case in ordering direct (which it IS still free on the website, my fellow potential buyers.!)

In my mind I was assuming ebay was going to be easier since I'm already all set up to make purchases there. But like I said, your website was quick and easy, and has benefits over using the 'bay.

So, again, for anyone interested in this stuff... USE THE WEBSITE!

It's all good I was just confused my payout is approximately the same either way, just in eBay more of the money goes to the state and eBay. I will say the advantage of eBay is the protection you get from them. You still have PayPal and Credit Card buyer protection on my website, but eBay will usually side with the customer reguadless of the circumstances. I am generally pretty forgiving and will always make things right in either platform. I even had a guy buy off my site list a part contacted me 6 months later I still sent him a new one free of charge.

If you had any doubts about buying from this company before, throw those doubts away. This stuff it beautiful, and customer service is excellent. 

I put my money where my mouth is and purchased the new V12 flathead they just released. It is nearly impossible to tell these parts are PRINTED, not cast. No evidence of stepping as you see on many lesser 3D parts. Awesome stuff.

2v2euKZfmxuy9t.jpg

1668433513890 1668433508418

Decided to pick up the turbocharged BOSS 302 as well.

1668433502005 1668433495393

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Metallic said:

If you had any doubts about buying from this company before, throw those doubts away. This stuff it beautiful, and customer service is excellent. 

I put my money where my mouth is and purchased the new V12 flathead they just released. It is nearly impossible to tell these parts are PRINTED, not cast. No evidence of stepping as you see on many lesser 3D parts. Awesome stuff.

2v2euKZfmxuy9t.jpg

1668433513890 1668433508418

Decided to pick up the turbocharged BOSS 302 as well.

1668433502005 1668433495393

Thank you, but after seeing the pics I realized I left a bit of supports on the intake for the Zephyr. As a side note, there's a technique to reducing/eliminating the visible stepping, I do use some of those techniques, but for obvious reasons I am holding my methods secret.

Edited by Texas_3D_Customs
  • Like 2

I ordered the Baja Bug conversion kit and it was everything I could have asked for, great product and prompt service. Highly recommended. I avoided E-Bay and bought direct from the web site and will do so for my future purchases.  A lot of interesting products coming out from Texas 3D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Side note, I am probably going full time next year, I hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the rear, but as I seem to be doing better, I think that with more time and possibly a lot more product I can support my family off this. Now there may need to be some sacrifices to be made, but I really enjoy doing this, not so much my new job. Perhaps this is for the better in the end as there's more to life than money.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BobbyG said:

It would be great if you can produce the angled plug boots for the Hemi along with the loom clips on the valve cover.

gene_s426hemi516.jpg

Plug boots yes loom clips probably not, it's not a lazy thing it's more of a some won't want it some will, and I am not making a million combinations, not only that but I have no idea what size wire people will be using.

• Like 1

Okay...so you're starting on the 32 Pines Winterfront Grill. You have the Lincoln Zephyr 12 cylinder, a couple flathead. There's definitely a market for 30s oriented 40s/50s hot rod equipment. 

http://www.seabrighthotrods.com/?p=718 Not only a good photo of the Winterfront Grill but also the Lions wheel covers. I've never heard or seen of these before. Pretty cool. Definitely a lot of cool speed equipment and accessories that've never been cast.

Like the Edelbrock 4 carb intake...1333385722_e007.JPG.54eb21b8783d2137530ede744ad87edb.JPG

TrioloVicky_2.jpg.fa3a5305ca4dc132d000ad87eaa6d1c5.jpg

Edited by Calb56