Model Cars Magazine Forum

1 hour ago, AMT68 said:

For Colonnade fans like myself here are a few pictures of a 1973 Cutlass S taken at Carlisle in 2013.

Fellow Colonnade fan here! The Oldsmobile A-bodies of 1973-1977 are the best! Every year looks GREAT (even the [dreaded] square headlamp years)! 

Thanks for sharing these photos!

I visited the Olds dealer in Grand Rapids in Ocober 1972 to order a 1973 Custlass S, 455 4bbl, duals, buckets and console, et al.  Probably in the miedium blue metallic with a black vinyl roof.  Unfortunately, it was about 30% above my budget.  Ended up with a 1973 Duster 340 instead.....

That example is really sharp, and a somewhat unusual color that year, too.   Cool!   TB s 

yedUI

3 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Fellow Colonnade fan here! The Oldsmobile A-bodies of 1973-1977 are the best! Every year looks GREAT (even the [dreaded] square headlamp years)! 

Thanks for sharing these photos!

Glad you liked them John.  I actually liked the Cutlass models with the square headlights but preferred the Chevelle and LeMans with round lights. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tim boyd said:

I visited the Olds dealer in Grand Rapids in Ocober 1972 to order a 1973 Custlass S, 455 4bbl, duals, buckets and console, et al.  Probably in the miedium blue metallic with a black vinyl roof.  Unfortunately, it was about 30% above my budget.  Ended up with a 1973 Duster 340 instead.....

That example is really sharp, and a somewhat unusual color that year, too.   Cool!   TB s 

yedUI

Interesting story Tim and yes this isn't a color often seen on these cars. 

On 3/18/2022 at 5:43 PM, AMT68 said:

For Colonnade fans like myself here are a few pictures of a 1973 Cutlass S taken at Carlisle in 2013.

IMGP0242 - Copy (2).JPG

IMGP0245 - Copy (2).JPG

IMGP0248 - Copy (2).JPG

The price on the windshield looks like it is $12 k plus. Should someone like this car at all and it was in as good a mechanical shape as the body and paint  this would be a stud horse deal in my mind.  

On 3/20/2022 at 12:07 PM, espo said:

The price on the windshield looks like it is $12 k plus. Should someone like this car at all and it was in as good a mechanical shape as the body and paint  this would be a stud horse deal in my mind.  

Agreed. I enlarged the picture on my computer and the asking price was $12,500 obo with just over 19,000 miles. 

It was in Hemmings muscle machines a month before this show . The owner found it on a used car lot in Philly and no one knew what it was. I turns out it was a prototype made by Hurst that Oldsmobile ended up passing on and there was no Hurst Olds that year. It was missing one of the T tops and had some kind of boat sitting on the roof to keep the rain out. The story goes that it was very difficult to replace the missing T top because none existed. The 2 tops were also said to be different than one another This was the only Hurst known to be built for that year. A true one of none.

Also saw another magazine car at this show. This '69 Motion GS that was found in somebody's back yard. That was pretty cool.

1 69 gs motion.jpg

1 69 gs 2.jpg

Edited by Mike C.
  • Like 3

A boat? That's pretty funny and fortunately the car was saved. It's too bad Olds passed because it was a great look especially with the sloped front end. 

That GS is something special and a great color combination. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...