Model Cars Magazine Forum

What if.....Tbird

ratdoggy

Just started actually working on this. Had the Flintstone body kicking around and couldn't come up with a theme. Then a Eureka moment. I bought an auction for a '62 Johan Chrysler that did not have the model I wanted but it had a beat up 1962 Tbird promo in the box. So I thought what if Ford made the Tbird in 2043 using some of the basic panels that were amortized years ago. I mean the model T went on for 20+ years, F body GM cars were basically the same from 1970 until  1981 So why not? 

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, espo said:

Much sleeker looking with the changes to the roof and the leading edge of the grill. Different grill and headlights ? 

Still kicking that around. I do have a Mercury grille out of the parts box from the ElCamino kit

Just now, ratdoggy said:

Still kicking that around. I do have a Mercury grille out of the parts box from the ElCamino kit

Is that the '50 or '60 ventage El Camino?  I think they said it represented the grill from a "60 Mercury.  

1 minute ago, ratdoggy said:

1959 AMT kit. I think it's the 1960 Merc grille

That's what I thought. The T-Bird grill area on this model tends to tuck under with the bottom edge of the grill being further back than the top where it meets the hood. Being a custom, you can do it anyway you want of course. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

I like the sleek look of that. What roof did you say that was? 

Later-

It's actually a Jimmy Flintstone resin body. It came like that. It uses a new gen Camaro windshield and rear window. I'd assume it's a Camaro roof grafted on

• Like 1