Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anybody know the link for the Rays kits ebay store?

I sent Ray an email asking why he took down his ebay store and he replied that he has a new guy that handles this and his handle is pontiacbanker. After all kinds of searching, I kept coming up with nothing. Now Rays Kits is based in the Netherlands and the shipping on a single decal sheet is over $30. With the ebay store the cost came down a bit but I cant seem to find this new ebay store. If anybody knows the link that would be huge.

On 3/21/2022 at 5:05 AM, Mike C. said:

I sent Ray an email asking why he took down his ebay store and he replied that he has a new guy that handles this and his handle is pontiacbanker. After all kinds of searching, I kept coming up with nothing. Now Rays Kits is based in the Netherlands and the shipping on a single decal sheet is over $30. With the ebay store the cost came down a bit but I cant seem to find this new ebay store. If anybody knows the link that would be huge.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/pontiacbanker/m.html

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/21/2022 at 9:05 AM, Mike C. said:

That's not quite right Mike. 

Ray's shipping from Europe is 14.50. USD. And Ray says he'll come good for it if something happens to them on the way.

Plus if you get them strait from Ray you can custom order colors, tire lettering and license plates. From the e-bay guy you get what you get.  ,, and if you're in Canada he wants almost $30US for shipping for some and a few are over 30. 

https://rayskits.com/faq_decals/#shipping

6 hours ago, Mike C. said:

I thought it was the other way around. $30 if you are in the states. I don't remember how much for Canada.

No, I checked it out thoroughly a couple weeks ago. was gonna order a set but spent a little more while on vacation then I had expected so I'm waiting for a couple weeks to put in an order. That link I posted above takes you right to the page with the shipping info on it.

2 hours ago, Mike C. said:

Just checked pontiacbankers ebay store. The shipping for me is $9.95. I would still save somewhere in the neighborhood of $10. 

I think I'll stick with the ebay store.

Mike, that's what I have been saying. It's fine for those in the US. , , BUT, , 

Ray's direct shipping is not $30 . It's buddy's shipping TO CANADA that's ridiculously expensive. 

As an example, here's a shot of the page with one of the smallest, least expensive sheets you can get. Note the shipping to me, here on the east coast of Canada. 

IMG 20220803 192122

This is in US dollars. 

This is what I'm trying to get across. I never said it was 30 bucks for people in the US, I said it's 30 bucks for people in Canada from this guy and 1/2 that for us, Canadians to order directly from Ray. 

Even $10 in USA seems crazy!  Heck, those could be shipped standard First Class mail in a letter-size envleope (or larger envelope if the decal is larger.  That should cost what regular 1st class mail costs, plus cost of the envelope.  Nowhere  near $10.  But it is eBay . . .

On 8/2/2022 at 3:39 PM, Mr mopar said:

This guy is not Ray from the Netherlands ,this guy only buys them from Ray and sells them at a higher price on Face Book  .

I didn't say it was. Somebody asked if that Facebook page was related to the distributor for Ray's on ebay, which it is.