Model Cars Magazine Forum

BMW 745i e23

Reuhkapelti2

Something different now. I got my hands on this ex-police car toy, and after the body was cut in half and made less wide, it started to look quite good. Then I cut the hood open. 

The interior is taken from BMW 750 kit, with some mods. The chassis is from BMW 635 CSi kit, and it was also made a bit longer. The 6 cyl engine is also from 635 CSi kit. It will have a turbo installed like the top of the line e23 745i had.

IMG_20220323_210827.jpg

Edited by Reuhkapelti2
  • Like 1

What toy was that? Friction, radio controlled, bump n go? Did it have dark blue or black windows? What markings were on it?

I want one, but have no idea what toy it originated from. Does it have a brand name and copyright date?

Sorry to be a pest, but that is a cool car. You have my attention!

• Like 1

Thanks. 

The story behind this BMW police toy is very thin. I got the body and a pile of 635/750 parts. No windows for this body. 

The chassis was a friction operating and it only said "Made in Macao", nothing else. 

Anton, I will keep your kind offer in mind. 

• Like 1

Thanks you all. 

The glass matter is a question still, I have one 635csi wind screen I'll try on this, but maybe make a new one out of clear plastic as all the other windows too. 

Today the body got the first primer to show all the dents and scratches. Not too bad, minor putty fix and maybe tomorrow new paint on it. 

IMG_20220402_213014.jpg

IMG_20220402_213044.jpg

Thanks again everyone. 

Today I painted the body with Tamiya spray. Two thin coats and the several wet coats. Only one noticeable spot on the driver side fender, no big problem. 

Now I'll let it dry, meanwhile I can put some wires to the engine bay etc. 

IMG_20220403_125212.jpg

Ok now I call this premium class German vehicle ready to go Under The Glass. 

Maybe I could work even more with it, but the spring weather drags me outside of the house, and I think it's decent enough to put among the other models. 

IMG_20220417_105903.jpg

Edited by Reuhkapelti2
  • Like 1