Model Cars Magazine Forum

Havoc in Brussels tomorrow: topic locked. WHY?

The original post was about a political figure, though not specifically mentioned by name.  Once people figured out who it was about, no doubt it was heading into the ditch.  It doesn't take long, probably better to just head it off at the pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rusty92 said:

Just PM the mods and ask rather than starting another topic about it... I think it’s pretty clear what the post was about. Obviously it had the potential to go off the rails. 

When a thread is just locked with no warning, I think the board as a whole deserves a public reason.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Mark said:

The original post was about a political figure, though not specifically mentioned by name...

Gee willikers. I must be suffering from an old-guy thing. I have no clue who it was about (unless it's some rapper), and I'm usually pretty well informed politically.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Gee willikers. I must be suffering from an old-guy thing. I have no clue who it was about (unless it's some rapper), and I'm usually pretty well informed politically.

I find that hard to believe. It’s a forum about models, not politics. Why are you upset? Perhaps if we all built more models and spent less time complaining about something so trivial we would all be better off. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Bill, you are too smart be playing dumb like this.

It was very obviously about Biden making a trip to Brussels. 

Well, that explains everything. 

That's one political figure whose travels I rarely pay any attention to.

Seriously. I didn't know, and I don't care.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Rusty92 said:

I find that hard to believe. It’s a forum about models, not politics. Why are you upset? Perhaps if we all built more models and spent less time complaining about something so trivial we would all be better off. 

This is the alleged "Off-Topic Lounge", where topics other than building toys are supposed to be posted, that's why.

• Confused 2

25 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

This is the alleged "Off-Topic Lounge", where topics other than building toys are supposed to be posted, that's why.

My point being that this is a hobby forum first and foremost. 

• Like 1

As I pointed out in another thread, the title of this sub-forum is an oxymoron. This isn't an actual off-topic forum if there are any restrictions on which topics can be posted or discussed. Restrictions defeat the purpose of what an OTL should be. So, enjoy yourself posting about cats and sewing machines. That's just the way the hall monitors like it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

As I pointed out in another thread, the title of this sub-forum is an oxymoron. This isn't an actual off-topic forum if there are any restrictions on which topics can be posted or discussed. Restrictions defeat the purpose of what an OTL should be. So, enjoy yourself posting about cats and sewing machines. That's just the way the hall monitors like it.

c'mon man, I'm sure you've seen people being personally attacked on the forum over toy cars. Do you really think 2 divisive topics like politics and religion would end well. This place is a respite from from seeing that stuff on the news all the time. We dont need a jan 6th on the forum

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

c'mon man

The use of that line is strictly forbidden. It's an overused comeback favored by the individual who was obliquely referenced in the now-locked thread.

Edited by SfanGoch
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Because there are no places on the Internet other than this forum to argue about/obsess over politics, right? Forums banning political talk isn't exactly a new phenomenon. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Start your own forum then I guess? You typically only post in the OTL anyways, what’s the point of coming to a hobby forum and never really posting anything hobby related? You could go on Reddit or FB and get all the satisfaction of discussing politics and religion you’d ever want. Don’t bring it here, people don’t want that. It’s annoying, it’s tiring, it’s irritating. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Rusty92 said:

...You typically only post in the OTL anyways, what’s the point of coming to a hobby forum and never really posting anything hobby related? 

That right there's a load of horse apples. Joe frequently answers modeling questions.

Right off the top of my head, I can recall learning from his posts about ELO stripper, miniature PE hinges, and the best source of miniature simulated fasteners anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

The use of that line is strictly forbidden. It's an overused comeback favored by the individual who was obliquely referenced in the now-locked thread.

Keep drinking that Kool Aid.....

I, too, have no idea why that thread was locked. I highly doubt it was about Biden. It’s obvious it was someone in the OP’s home country that knows more than we do. Not that I really care because I don’t. 

59 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Right off the top of my head, I can recall learning from his posts about ELO stripper, miniature PE hinges, and the best source of miniature simulated fasteners anywhere.

And a great source for PE razor saws. Thanks, Joe! B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Keep drinking that Kool Aid.....

I, too, have no idea why that thread was locked. I highly doubt it was about Biden. It’s obvious it was someone in the OP’s home country that knows more than we do. Not that I really care because I don’t. 

It was. Biden is in Brussels today. His trip is all over the news.

And judging by the comments in the thread, everyone else seemed to know who it was about.

3 hours ago, Rusty92 said:

You typically only post in the OTL anyways

I was accused of this by one of the hall monitors in the past and I proved him wrong. You're just as wrong as he was. Very few of my posts are in this section. You'll receive your parting gift as you exit.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Xingu locked this topic