Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mazda RX3 Savanna GT

avidinha

This is a really odd kit. It's motorized, so it has a really shallow interior and it has a one piece body. It didn't come with a rear bumper, so I left the front one off. It also didn't come with any quarter windows, so I had to make some. It came with right and left drive dashboards, 3 steering wheel options, 4 headlight options, 2 mirror options, 2 sets of fog lights and a bunch of other stuff. All in all it was a fun little kit that looks cool on my shelf.

6uW2rsj.jpeg

vkDS5bi.jpeg

FL2HcG8.jpeg

bBCHKod.jpeg

LonKhjz.jpeg

4Efubrm.jpeg

etjceep.jpeg

• Like 1

A fellow I worked for in the 1990;s had one of these in his shop. Sat in a corner, collecting dust, It was a Long Term Project Car, that did not get any work done on it, the whole 18 months I worked there. It was an Ex-Works Racer that had come to California some time in the late 1970's. It had a Full Race 2 Rotor Motor in it with 4 Mikuni Carbs. (or so I was told.) It had even wider fender flares than the kit, although they were beat up and cracked when I saw it.

15 hours ago, stavanzer said:

A fellow I worked for in the 1990;s had one of these in his shop. Sat in a corner, collecting dust, It was a Long Term Project Car, that did not get any work done on it, the whole 18 months I worked there. It was an Ex-Works Racer that had come to California some time in the late 1970's. It had a Full Race 2 Rotor Motor in it with 4 Mikuni Carbs. (or so I was told.) It had even wider fender flares than the kit, although they were beat up and cracked when I saw it.

Thanks for sharing that story. One of the things I love about this hobby is hearing everyone's cool car stories.