Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Pontiac GTO

ModelcarJR

Looks really nice John! I snagged one for the stash a while back because you can never have too much stash. The Hurst wheels are a nice touch. Really nice build.

Some friends of my parents had a 66 GTO as the only new car they ever bought. Was probably Reef Turquoise, but wasn't well taken care of. Friends had a parting of the ways with the folks in 1997 or so because the friends were heavy smokers and Mom was on oxygen. The "M"s couldn't stop smoking long enough to get together with my folks and the four of them had a big blowout over it. The "M"s were still driving the GTO as their only car as late as 1999 as far as I know. Sorry for the tangent, but I always think of them when I see a 66 GTO and how cool it must have been to drive that to the grocery store. Good thing that their local grocery store was less than 1/2 mile away. Thinking that the GTO with the choke on probably got less than 3 MPG on that trip. Was a 4BBL A/T unfortunately. 

Thanks, All! I appreciate your comments!  The antenna is a Jewelry Shoppe 2" head pin that I bought at Hobby Lobby.  I cut it down a bit and used a injection thingy that I found on a part for the base. I cut it down a bit, sanded it flat, drilled a hole, and painted it.  Thanks for looking! 😎