Model Cars Magazine Forum

60th Shizouka Hobby Show

Building this as a place holder for the upcoming 60th Shizouka Hobby Show, as announcements of announcements are starting to filter in...

shs22_title.jpg.847412d396f1b3fd737202ed67caa955.jpg

The first confirmed one is from Hasegawa who will be announcing their summer kits in a week (this will actually be 11pm Eastern Thursday night with the time difference for anyone who wants to watch in real time and not wait on the usual suspects to post about it.)

20220325_171001.jpg.526ff5f3b06b97b4dcf7d6fb4208a1dd.jpg

• Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

"What's 16:00? Is that military time?"

Seriously? 24hr. 1600 is 4:00PM

Most of world uses it. Since world smaller, I use GMT too, time zone far easier to keep track of business or friends across many time zones. 
Computers use it, and no confusion about am or pm. Great for documenting too. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, keyser said:

Seriously? 24hr. 1600 is 4:00PM

Most of world uses it. Since world smaller, I use GMT too, time zone far easier to keep track of business or friends across many time zones. 
Computers use it, and no confusion about am or pm. Great for documenting too. 

I was being facetious (note the analogue 24 hour format clock as my icon). I'm goofing on people whom refer to 24 hours format as "military time" (they don't possess exclusive rights to employ and display that format).

Anyhow, sorry for the digression. Just a humourous observation. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

I never really thought about it, since I've been using 24H format for a quarter century in transportation, but yeah come to think of it...I have heard it described as "Military Time" more often than the correct name.

Didn't mean to de facto hijack your thread. I just can't help but sarcastically mention the fallacy of "military time"; been using it for decades myself... along with any 24-hour operation (hospitals/medical facilities, convenience stores, emergency services, transportation, etc., etc.).

Now, all's I got to do is win the lotto jackpot so that I can afford to travel to Japan. It's a country which has been on me list for decades -- especially the 'Neko Island'. 

13 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

James. will you be traveling to this show like you did the one in Las Vegas? I hear this show has a ton of stuff to showcase and was hoping the reports would be from the show itself.

Boy I sure wish I could. Going to Shizouka during the show is a Bucket List item, hopefully one day. But there should be plenty of photos available to share here with the show being open to the public again (last year it was industry only).

But at this point not too much is physically announced at the show, most of the things coming out of the various companies are then sold a few months later and pre-orders need to be put up in April for June/Jul/August sales. Hence Hasegawa announcing their kits in a few days.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Michael jones said:

Maybe someone can translate to see if it is true that the Skyline 2000 GTR is coming out from Hasegawa:

https://carsmeet.jp/2022/04/01/219224/?fbclid=IwAR0u4OWydnOJKvRVy_YF4c_ZiBTKsGyT3I6Ur5F4YRoeYuGdV4CRxiZu89Q

Yes!, here is the text translated

Finally from Hasegawa! "Kemmeri GT-R" is now a plastic model with a completely new mold !! [Model Cars]

Hasegawa, a plastic model, announced a new product from April to July this year, so if you like cars, here are some items you shouldn't miss. The first of these is the 1/24 scale plastic model "Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC110)" scheduled to be released in June. It is a legendary famous car that only 197 units were produced without further explanation about the actual car. Although many plastic models have been released so far, there have been many requests for new mold kits with modern contents. Many hopes of the car modeler will be fulfilled by Hasegawa.

The images released are still only 3D illustrations, but you can see the highly reproducible contents in line with the flow of domestic historic car kits by the company. You can think that not only the appearance of the body but also the interior and chassis are thoroughly covered by the actual vehicle. The body parts color is white, and the plated parts are front molding / front and rear bumpers / front and rear light mirror surface / emblem / fender mirror mirror surface / muffler / doorknob, etc. In addition, the tail lamp molding is said to be attached with a metal inlet. The model has a total length of 186 mm and a total width of 71.5 mm. The price is 3,520 yen (tax included), and it will be released around June 25th. Please see the 3D illustration below.

1435823317_Screenshot2022-03-31at18-29-46GT-R!!-CARSMEETWEB.png.6eb81970d44ceb6d5ce5a46dff5179a1.png

• Like 2

That Jaguar is will be the first ever Australian liveried race car released as a kit. Too bad that I've already made one myself.

M4xwXw.jpg

Really looking forward to the facelifted RX-7 as that will open up a few options for future Aussie touring car builds when combined with the big flare and wings of the racing version.

Great to see that GT-R.

8 hours ago, Justin Porter said:

HUGE news on that Kenmeri! Both the Fujimi and the Aoshima kits are pretty well aged and pretty rough tooling. That's an important car that needed to be represented in a modern kit.

Indeed so. Don't forget about the Doyusha version. Then again.....