Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Detachable Lowboy Trailer


Recommended Posts

This will be my second Detachable Lowboy I’ve picked up from Stace (wabatuckeun1). I’m going to have this one behind the Brockway I’ve just finished up so myself colors are sublime green with yellow trim. I’m going to change this one with a Dorsey type goose neck/ disconnect. While I was waiting on my trailer to arrive I started on the goose neck section that disconnects from the trailer. I still need to attach the hydraulic cylinders and the back adjustable supports plus the eye hooks. I’ve also ordered a B&S engine for the pup engine. As always your comments and recommendations are always welcome. 

130A6371-9319-471F-9CBE-F22B51CCC60B.jpeg

3220AE6D-6327-44FC-9656-2CD74CE719A1.jpeg

88122F21-DB5A-4042-9006-C91F0F846FF2.jpeg

E2D7C4F1-D29A-4F98-9A0B-68AB41199F49.jpeg

89DC1D35-CAAB-422A-931E-9DA8BE9B33BB.jpeg

0C83DB2C-5A20-4F27-B1B1-23355F87C66A.jpeg

F91E0DED-A1B3-4FCC-BD30-17F113238801.jpeg

309B1B52-A4F3-4AF9-B4F8-1AE58F7E1B1F.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mopar - D said:

This will be my second Detachable Lowboy I’ve picked up from Stace (wabatuckeun1). I’m going to have this one behind the Brockway I’ve just finished up so myself colors are sublime green with yellow trim. I’m going to change this one with a Dorsey type goose neck/ disconnect. While I was waiting on my trailer to arrive I started on the goose neck section that disconnects from the trailer. I still need to attach the hydraulic cylinders and the back adjustable supports plus the eye hooks. I’ve also ordered a B&S engine for the pup engine. As always your comments and recommendations are always welcome. 

130A6371-9319-471F-9CBE-F22B51CCC60B.jpeg

3220AE6D-6327-44FC-9656-2CD74CE719A1.jpeg

88122F21-DB5A-4042-9006-C91F0F846FF2.jpeg

E2D7C4F1-D29A-4F98-9A0B-68AB41199F49.jpeg

89DC1D35-CAAB-422A-931E-9DA8BE9B33BB.jpeg

0C83DB2C-5A20-4F27-B1B1-23355F87C66A.jpeg

F91E0DED-A1B3-4FCC-BD30-17F113238801.jpeg

309B1B52-A4F3-4AF9-B4F8-1AE58F7E1B1F.jpeg

This is going to be cool. I'll be watching. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, wabatuckeun1 said:

You know what's funny? I've pulled all kinds of trailers (1:1), seen all kinds but I just don't remember a Dorsey. Going to have to look that one up.  Looking forward to your build of my trailer

dont guess u pulled enough of them wabatuckeun1  .Google it if u want to see one..

 

Edited by yh70
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interested in watching you create this.  I am 57 just started building models again.  I can honestly say wow how things have changed in detailing.  I am trying to build the AMT Big rig trailer.  Found some glad hands. Running air line. Thinking about ordering valves and miscellaneous parts for braking system. Keep up the good(fun).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2022 at 6:55 PM, James Maynard said:

This is going to be cool. I'll be watching. 

Thanks James 

On 3/25/2022 at 9:34 PM, Bills72sj said:

Watching too.

Thanks Bill . I’ll do my best to keep it interesting 

On 3/25/2022 at 11:56 PM, wabatuckeun1 said:

You know what's funny? I've pulled all kinds of trailers (1:1), seen all kinds but I just don't remember a Dorsey. Going to have to look that one up.  Looking forward to your build of my trailer

Thanks Stace I’ve sent you the link for Dorsey 

23 hours ago, Gary Chastain said:

Can’t wait to see what you create, watching

Thanks Gary 

13 hours ago, yh70 said:

off to a great start Dan..

Thanks Dave 

12 hours ago, Mitch1964 said:

Interested in watching you create this.  I am 57 just started building models again.  I can honestly say wow how things have changed in detailing.  I am trying to build the AMT Big rig trailer.  Found some glad hands. Running air line. Thinking about ordering valves and miscellaneous parts for braking system. Keep up the good(fun).

Thanks Mitch. I was 46 when I started back building and yeah I know what you mean about how things have changed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2022 at 2:25 PM, gotnitro? said:

okay..twist my arm I'll grab a plate of nachos and follow the build!  I'm restricted from popcorn, so nachos fill the gap lol

nice work on the gooseneck, and fabbing up the cylinders

Thanks Jeff 

On 3/27/2022 at 3:03 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Looks great so far!!

Thanks Brian 

On 3/27/2022 at 8:43 PM, slusher said:

Very nice so far, Dan!

Thanks Carl 

On 3/28/2022 at 9:52 AM, KJ790 said:

This is going to be cool!

Thanks KJ

On 3/28/2022 at 1:24 PM, redneckrigger said:

Beautiful work on this lowboy Dan, absolutely fantastic! Keep the updates coming!

Thanks Tom  I’ll keep the updates coming I’m trying to have it finished for the Modelmania show on April 30th. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Have you figured out how to lock each moving piece in either direction? If not, may I suggest hidden mini magnets.

Thanks for the magnet idea Bill but with the way that this fits together I think I will not need to use any. In between friction and gravity I think it’s going to work at least that’s the way it looks now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Started on the rear suspension and did the first mock up with the Brockway. It’s also my first check to see how my measurements turned out. I’m at 8 scale inches clearance from the bottom of the load deck to the ground empty. From what I’ve researched that should work. Here’s my update pictures. 

0C41E8F3-7FF2-4818-857F-F44A12AF4F00.jpeg

B5B018BA-B987-404E-BA30-FAA8BA29FEE4.jpeg

E81EA3DB-6CD0-44CA-BBC2-29BAE26960B1.jpeg

DAB41DFA-A9EF-4ECC-BAF4-12C5DC05F9E0.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...