Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aussie XB GT Falcon

yellowsportwagon

Mate, you nailed it!

I had to laugh, as I looked at your photos I thought "I will have to tell him about the hood scoop inserts!" and now as I read down I see you realised it!  All good.  Thepartsbox.com does beautiful models and I am good friends with the guy who did some of the original masters that thepartsbox then massaged and improved to what you have today. You have done a superb job on the XB GT!  I believe there are quite a few in the States these days.

These are a very expensive car in Australia these days and COVID tax has pushed the prices way up.  They regularly sell for between 100 and 200 thousand and that's for an average one, not an outstanding one.  About thirty years ago I had the opportunity to buy a clean six cylinder one for $1400 - shoulda, woulda, coulda!

Cheers

Alan

1 hour ago, alan barton said:

Mate, you nailed it!

I had to laugh, as I looked at your photos I thought "I will have to tell him about the hood scoop inserts!" and now as I read down I see you realised it!  All good.  Thepartsbox.com does beautiful models and I am good friends with the guy who did some of the original masters that thepartsbox then massaged and improved to what you have today. You have done a superb job on the XB GT!  I believe there are quite a few in the States these days.

These are a very expensive car in Australia these days and COVID tax has pushed the prices way up.  They regularly sell for between 100 and 200 thousand and that's for an average one, not an outstanding one.  About thirty years ago I had the opportunity to buy a clean six cylinder one for $1400 - shoulda, woulda, coulda!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan

Teenty years ago you could have one bought and shipped to the states for 15,000. So yes I should have!! One of my all time favorite cars. I took some artistic liberties with this one. But I did it how I thought they look coolest. 

Excellent work! I keep meaning to pick up one of these kits, you've shown how good it can look.

20 hours ago, TonyK said:

Nice job on this model. Eric Bana (actor) had one of these a while back and made a movie about his car. Can't remember the name.

It was Love the Beast. I'm usually not one for documentary/interview-style movies, but had to buy this one after watching it. I'm sure it was entirely because of the subject.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks really good from here, other than the hood scoops, pictures usually reveal every flaw I miss. 🤭  Nice metallic green paint job.  I recently had a conversation on Fakebook about these cars, didn't know how valuable they are.

yellowsportwagon, awesome build of a factory correct XB falcon. we don't see many of these here.

On 3/30/2022 at 12:55 AM, vamach1 said:

Very nice Falcon.  A friend gave me this diecast years ago.  It says Model 56 Interceptor on the bottom.

I've got one of those Model 56 diecasts. they are not very accurate and not very well made. I used the body to make the Road Warrior 'Bat xa' car.

• Like 1