Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pre-wired Distributors

69NovaYenko

14 hours ago, 69NovaYenko said:

Does anyone have a source for pre-wired distributors. My original supplier seems to have run dry and has been out of the item forever (12 months plus). Any leads will be appropriated...thanks in advance.

Hey Greg, you show a MAD disty in your pic, but Kris makes them on demand. Are you getting yours from Teds? I see he's out of that color but has others. I bought some last month.

If you need the red cap just order them direct. https://madmodeling.com/Item/8cylred

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, MeatMan said:

Hey Greg, you show a MAD disty in your pic, but Kris makes them on demand. Are you getting yours from Teds? I see he's out of that color but has others. I bought some last month.

If you need the red cap just order them direct. https://madmodeling.com/Item/8cylred

Thanks everyone for the replies. 
Your correct MeatMan..Iv`e been sourcing the part from Ted.  However, thanks to all you good folks I now have a new avenue for getting the part. I just LOVE these things..they take all the hassle out of wiring up a distributor for your projects!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mrmike said:

Try Greg's.  His comes all assembled.  https://www.facebook.com/gregsscalemodelcaraccessories/

Hey MrMike per your suggestion I took a peek at Greg`s Scale Model Accessories Facebook page. I like his pre-wired distributors and  per-fabed seat belts.  Would like to try them out. Since he has no site how do I go about  contacting him to place an order for some of his accessories parts?

P.s. Thanks for the great lead...👍

Edited by 69NovaYenko

I pretty much won't use anything except MAD pre-wireds anymore. Ordering from them direct is about a 5-6 week lead time right now. I used to use Parts By Parks, which are fine, but I prefer the better detail of MAD for the same price. 

I also used to use Rep+Min of MD "pre-drilled" caps, which are very nice, but you still have to glue the wires in each tiny hole. The MAD items have the same level of detail, with less work.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Raoul Ross said:

Well I ordered these from MAD on 29 March but haven't received a shipping date yet.... hmmmm

Give him time to make them. And check your spam folder. Sometimes he sends me a conformation e mail if I get a big order all at once. Wants to make sure kids are not using daddy's credit  card to buy up parts. lol