Model Cars Magazine Forum

HeritageCon Haul - a deluge of awesomeness

With road trips across borders being taboo, and no model shows, the last few years have proven to be a bit of a challenge when it comes to getting my hands on old, weird sprue. Thankfully, I’ve had a local show buy up an old collection and my good friend Alan has pitched in to help me out, too.

However, this past weekend, the dam broke when the HeritageCon 14 show took place in Hamilton, Ontario! It was a huge show with lots of great things to see, and lots of weird stuff to buy! I may have gone a little nuts, but you can judge that for yourself!

Check out my haul at the link below, and vote for your favourite three (3) in the poll at the end of the article!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/heritagecon-14-haul/

This is only a tiny bit of what I got!!

spacer.png

Another great score! Lots to absorb there. That 109 box always cracked me up; just look at the silly smirk on the face of the guy in the back seat, as he's looking right at you! The Hasegawa box has to be one of their most colorful ever, and what a great looking Jug that is. You lucky dog.

Really nice haul, Adam. I would like to have gone to Heritagecon, but couldn't justify two weekends away in a row (was at the Group 25 show last week). I have one of the regular Fairey Battles in the stash, but a Trainer version would be fun to build: I have pictures of those aircraft in the yellow and black stripes being used as instructional airframes...