Model Cars Magazine Forum

1951 Cunningham C1

Joe Lange

Greetings All,

I've had this Aurora kit for ages and was first put off by the overly complicated 6-piece body, but after years pushing it around on the shelf, I decided to attack it.  For some reason, my kit did not have bumpers but after looking at several photos of the real thing on-line, it looks just as good without them.  (Like a Porsche 356 or Ferrari 250 GTO).

I tried using as much as possible out of the kit.  Headlight assemblies, dashboard, seats, grill and windshield.  Found a better steering wheel, and assorted accessories.  The wheels and tires are from the 1963 Ford Cougar II, (AMT?), kit.  The paint is Dupli-Color, Ford Dark Blue Metallic and a clear topcoat. 

DSC00504.JPG

DSC00505.JPG

DSC00506.JPG

DSC00507.JPG

DSC00508.JPG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ea0863 said:

Very lovely car. What is its scale?

Thanks, Emre,

There is no scale reference on the box or instructions.  I'm guessing 1/32 scale.  But the wheels and tires were from a 1/25 kit and I think they fit pretty well.   

• Thanks 1

Very nice! I have been working on a glue bomb Cunningham off and on for a while now. Got it with a Ebay multi-model buy and I didn’t know what it was at the time and cut down the wheels for another project. I’ve since learned about Cunningham and have acquired a parts car and an unbuilt customizing kit sans the custom parts. (It did come with the custom roof.) I hope mine will look as good. BTW there’s an article on Cunningham in the current issue of “Collectible Automobile” I just began reading!