Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone here work for the postal service?

Monty

Another ebay purchase ping-ponging around in the same city.

• Mar 31, 2022
  • 4:50am
  • DEPARTED USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
  • CLEVELAND OH DISTRIBUTION CENTE, 44101
  • Mar 31, 2022
  • 4:17am
  • DEPARTED USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
  • Mar 31, 2022
  • 1:20am
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • Mar 31, 2022
  • 1:13am
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY

What does this actually mean?

I don't think it's ping ponging. It is probably in the same, very large building. I don't work for USPS but this is what I'd guess.

The first arrival scan is when it was taken off the truck when the truck reached the distribution center.

The second arrival scan is when it was processed and ready for out going.

The first departure scan was from when it was ready to be sorted for delivery. 

I do not know what system they use, zip code, region etc. The time gap would probably occur by having it sent to the correct area for departure.

The last departure scan is probably shortly before it is put on the out going truck. 

I would think the next scan you see will be at a location closer to you, hopefully LOL.

Edited by DPNM

On 4/1/2022 at 11:49 AM, bobthehobbyguy said:

Given the current state of the post office I'm not sure many would want to admit that they work at the post office.

That’s exactly what I was going to say.U took the words right out of my mouth,lol.They are the worst,but what can u except?sorry.

On 4/1/2022 at 8:00 AM, Mark said:

I'd suspect that the number of people working for the postal service is relatively low compared to the number of people employed by the postal service...

Um….yea🤷‍♂️😵💫🤪

In all fairness to the USPS they do seem to be doing a great job in our case anyway. I get mail order coffee and in the past it would come UPS and take a week or more to get here. Since we moved they still send the coffee UPS to a near by town and they mail it to me USPS. I now get my coffee a couple of days quicker, so who is to complain about that ? 

I've had the looping phenomenon happen before...between Cleveland (OH) and Akron, with detours to my post office (Independence) it went back and forth between Cleveland and Akron 4 times over a week, to my post office at Independence twice before finally being delivered...  not sure how that happens, something wrong w/ the scan and how the package info was in their system.. because the address was correct on the label. 

44 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

I've had the looping phenomenon happen before...between Cleveland (OH) and Akron, with detours to my post office (Independence) it went back and forth between Cleveland and Akron 4 times over a week, to my post office at Independence twice before finally being delivered...  not sure how that happens, something wrong w/ the scan and how the package info was in their system.. because the address was correct on the label. 

My loop was Cinncy, Dayton and Columbus......a OHIO thing???

• 2 weeks later...