Model Cars Magazine Forum

2 Ford F-100 Pickups (Customized)

2 old builts from the mid 80's (pictures taken in 2020,beforse selling them off):

The notorious  F-100/1956 (Revell kit) is from the 1983 "Street Demons" series and could not be built stock - I discarded the ugly 2-piece plastic wheels and replaced them with Monogram's 56 T-Bird units. The interior is also customized - this kit gave me hard times: fitment was very bad, especially in the windshield/firewall/hood and the interior footwell/floor area - horrible (noticeable gaps everywhere) ! Decals are from amt's Pete Wrecker, color is car laquer sprayed from the can:

P1040058.JPG.827abdd97578587923f2a983315a2bda.JPGP1040060.JPG.276101db9abd338dd0241e669e4b199e.JPG

The other one is amt's famous 1953 F-100 kit: I wanted it to look like a typical (?) late 50's custom so I used as many of those ugly custom parts (which were included in the kit) as I could stand; auto laquer from the spray-can, whitewalls are brushed with Humbrol matt white enamel  - trim Humbrol silver, bare metal foil for the rails in the bed - this was the final result:

P1040056.JPG.eea3c3079971dc3194b514e2aad77a11.JPGP1040057.JPG.1d50474cb2b06241cdc3ccbab3c08784.JPGP1040055.JPG.05feabb314637a51e8e1b8c5bbf6443f.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2022 at 6:32 AM, 1959scudetto said:

Thanks, fellows, for finding these 2 nice - they are certainly not my best effort.

Just sit back and let us admire the work! 😎

I for one know how tricky those Revell trucks are to complete and your final result is worth admiring. The AMT, while not as difficult, is just a blast to build. And your use of the custom parts just makes it more unique. 

Too bad you sold them, but they must've been appreciated by others you sold them to.

Good looking pair of trucks. I like what you've done with both of them. Despite its issues (and there are many) I like the Revell '56. Probably because the one I built as a kid (the old issue in metallic blue with funny car slicks) was one of the coolest models on my shelf at the time. I have another  '56 Ford F-100 project coming up soon, a stock build, which I expect to challenge me. I built the wonderful AMT '53 when I was 15, and it is one of my rare survivor from those times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 8:54 AM, Oldcarfan27 said:

Just sit back and let us admire the work! 😎

I for one know how tricky those Revell trucks are to complete and your final result is worth admiring. The AMT, while not as difficult, is just a blast to build. And your use of the custom parts just makes it more unique. 

Too bad you sold them, but they must've been appreciated by others you sold them to.

On 4/21/2022 at 3:25 PM, Bainford said:

Good looking pair of trucks. I like what you've done with both of them. Despite its issues (and there are many) I like the Revell '56. Probably because the one I built as a kid (the old issue in metallic blue with funny car slicks) was one of the coolest models on my shelf at the time. I have another  '56 Ford F-100 project coming up soon, a stock build, which I expect to challenge me. I built the wonderful AMT '53 when I was 15, and it is one of my rare survivor from those times.

Thanks, Patrick and Trevor for some nice comments about these not-so-nice pickups.