Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1971 Plymouth GTX/Roadrunner.

Dragonhawk1066

Here's my version of Revell's Fast and Furious Dom's 1971 GTX kit that I finished this morning. I had actually painted this one back in July of last year. I used Model Master Sublime Green Lacquer and cleared it with Krylon Short Cuts Gloss Clear (I'm pretty impressed with this clear, it sprayed and covered well and wet-sanded and polished very nicely). The decals are from Fred Cady. They're nice decals, but are thin and fragile so care and minimal movement when applying are highly suggested. The interior is just glossed over primer, with craft paints and Tamiya Clear Orange brushed on for the woodgrain. The wheels are 1/25 scale Magnum 500's from the Revell '68 Dodge Charger kit. They're smaller wheels so I cut the trim ring off the GTX kit wheels and glued the Magnum's to the rings to fit the kit tires. The trim is BMF, and I added valve stems, plug wires, and heater hoses for extra detail. This is still a pretty nice, but basic kit from the old Monogram 1/24 tooling. Thanks for looking!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

• Like 3

19 hours ago, cobraman said:

Well done, looks good !

17 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking paint and finish. This would never get lost in a parking lot.  

17 hours ago, ea0863 said:

Totally awesome car. I love the color combo, stance, the whole package! And thanks for the useful info on the paint and gloss.

17 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

That's very clean, nice one.

I keep seeing this one coming up in listings and have dismissed it. Now I see what it's like I'll pay a bit more attention to them.....

14 hours ago, bisc63 said:

VERY nice build; really sharp. Well done.

10 hours ago, charger74 said:

It looks great 

10 hours ago, moparfarmer said:

Very nicely done and super clean too..You are taking a chance on Krylon clear though on a good paint job..Once its good then next time not..go figger..

4 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Very nice, well done!

Thanks Guys!

Wayne, I've used it a couple of times now with no issues, so hopefully it's a better formula in the smaller cans.

Nigel, even though it's a fairly basic kit, it is pretty decent.

ea0863, you're welcome. Everybody seems to have different results with all of the different paints. I do a lot of spoon and spare parts testing when trying new to me products.