Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lawman 1964 Plymouth Belvedere

I'm going to try to paint and build this Drag racing kit.  I am not a NHRA fan and know little about drag racing but the painting looks like a good challenge.  I'll probably build it box stock. So far I've painted the white on the body using Krylon yesterday so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to paint the  rest of it. It took me almost all day to tape the body off and I'll have to wait on the hood as it is in the oven cleaner at the moment.  Here are a couple of photos and thanks for looking! 😎

enhance

enhance

enhance

• Like 2

Thanks, Carl and Tom! I appreciate your comments! 

Well the last attempt at painting this one failed.  Without boring you with all the details, I left it outside to dry with a clear coat and t horribly crinkled on me. I tried to sand out and re-paint but I was pulling paint off with tape when I tried to tape it off. So into the oven cleaner it went and I have since re-painted with flat white and fiery orange. Here are the photos starting with the last failed attempt and the current work in process. I have all the other parts painted so now all I have to do is paint the hood and the stripe across the top and the trunk, then clear.  I have to wait until tomorrow to paint the stripe because its paint over paint and I should wait 48 hours. Thanks for looking! 😎

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFxYm0F4wo4MFXlPrGeRLaWbUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1649030299

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

• Like 2

Thanks, Kenneth! I appreciate your comments! 

I finished the paint, rubbed it out a bit (the edges on this particular Plymouth body make that problematic), and then foiled the trim.  Too thick paint (Krylon and Testors), trim moldings that are not exactly crisp, and troublesome foil,  all contribute to a less than stellar result.  Still working on the hood but its about as good as it is going to get.  I'll build it, put on the decals and it will be another one out of the closet. Thanks for looking! 😎

enhance

enhance

enhance

• Like 1

Thanks, Carl and John! I appreciate your comments! 

Its all done except for the decals which are next. I am disappointed with my painting skills on this one.  I know not to use Krylon on a body but that's what I had and I didn't want to wait on ordering Tamiya white. The Testors extreme lacquer is not much better and it bled a bit when I added the clear. So once the decals are on it, I'll have another shelf sitter! Thanks for looking! 😎

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

• Like 1

Thanks, Carl and Stephen!  I appreciate your comments! 

Decals are on and this one is done! I did cut through the door lines on the Lawman decal but they haven't settled into the lines yet. Thanks for looking! 

enhance

enhance

Edited by ModelcarJR
Add another comment
  • Like 1