Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/12 Martini Porsche 935

OK so I've made a start, strangely for a Tamiya kit there are some horrid seams on the front end.

IMG-0370.jpg
IMG-0369.jpg

Nothing is glued in the front yet, I've masked the inside of the fuel tank and tried to replicate some fuel in there.

I won't be gluing the oil tank cage in until I've finished the tank (I remember that from the Vaillant build)

IMG-0375.jpg
IMG-0374.jpg
IMG-0373.jpg
IMG-0372.jpg
IMG-0371.jpg

Hi all added battery cables.

IMG-0402.jpg
IMG-0401.jpg

and starter motor cables.

IMG-0409.jpg
IMG-0410.jpg

I've got to say I'm super happy with the metal effects on this. The casings would be made of magnesium and I've worked up close and personal on hundreds of these and I don't think I could get more realistic results, I tried a different approach, normally I use ABT engine grease thinned down to a wash but I didn't want to disturb the mig steel colour I had used which I know white spirit based wash would so I tried a wash of vallejo engine grey over it. I'm loving the result, I can see me using this again.

IMG-0408.jpg
IMG-0407.jpg
IMG-0406.jpg
IMG-0405.jpg
IMG-0404.jpg
IMG-0403.jpg

Did some work on the fuel pump, Tamiya would have you use plastic tube for the fuel lines whereas they are metal on the real thing.

Since I've used artistic licence already and depicted gold plated nuts and bolts I decided to depict gold plated fuel lines too.

IMG-0433.jpg
IMG-0434.jpg

IMG-0439.jpg
IMG-0438.jpg
IMG-0437.jpg
IMG-0436.jpg
IMG-0435.jpg

That is looking really good!  Kind of unfortunate about the mold lines on the body, they look more prominent than the ones on the 934 Vaillant Porsche.  I have heard that the 935 is even more detailed than the 934 especially if both are built box stock.  I am making slow progress on my 934, using your 934 build and others I've found on You tube for inspiration.   

Hi all well I'm back from Scotland so did some work on this today, this is as much detail as the kit supplies I've done a trial fit in the body to see how it looks, I've got more pipework and wiring to add yet.

IMG-0482.jpg
IMG-0481.jpg
IMG-0480.jpg
IMG-0479.jpg
IMG-0478.jpg
IMG-0477.jpg
IMG-0476.jpg
IMG-0474.jpg
IMG-0475.jpg