Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Ford GT Lemans 2017

Thanks fellows.   I almost never have more than one kit going at a time. Clearing off the bench. I want to start on my 1/12 scale 71 Mustang MACH 1.  I'm a little stumped on how to get the die cast wheels chromed and black on the inserts as on your 1:1 Mustang.

6 hours ago, cobraman said:

Thanks fellows.   I almost never have more than one kit going at a time. Clearing off the bench. I want to start on my 1/12 scale 71 Mustang MACH 1.  I'm a little stumped on how to get the die cast wheels chromed and black on the inserts as on your 1:1 Mustang.

I suppose you could try the Molotow pen on the wheels.  I think there were different versions of the wheels in the kits (Otaki vs. Doyusha) but the only other thing I can think of is to somehow polish them to a chrome like shine.  Both my kits have the chrome trees so I will not have the same issue you will.

6EAF299E-AF8D-4521-8CA2-9999F3575AFD.jpeg

Edited by vamach1

2 hours ago, vamach1 said:

I suppose you could try the Molotow pen on the wheels.  I think there were different versions of the wheels in the kits (Otaki vs. Doyusha) but the only other thing I can think of is to somehow polish them to a chrome like shine.  Both my kits have the chrome trees so I will not have the same issue you will.

6EAF299E-AF8D-4521-8CA2-9999F3575AFD.jpeg

Sure wish mine had those type wheels. Mine just look like bare pot metal.  Maybe I will try the wheels and tires from my Magnifier GT 40 !😀

• Like 1

Great job Ray!  That is a very cool looking model.  I am currently working on a Tamiya 1/12th Porsche 934, I have never built that large scale before.  Detail on that scale is amazing and unfortunately mistakes are much more obvious.  

On 4/4/2022 at 6:31 PM, cobraman said:

What’s correct ?  Number sticker up front or towards the year ?  I suspect it was changed at one point ?

3C644519-5744-4817-A7D9-C31029F725CF.jpeg

8D030F62-AD0E-4FDE-8F32-99A9527AAEB6.jpeg

I know this is late but anyways...

The number plate in front of the rear arch was only run on the 2016 version of the car at Le Mans. 

The number plates behind the front wheel arch were run the rest of the years. Also the first two years, '16 & '17 the colours were the solid blue/red where as afterwards they were metallics.