Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Transtar 4300 Eagle

I really prefer the look of Cabover trucks but someone gave me this one so I am going to give it a go. Looking for pics of what people have done with this kit for inspiration!

s-l400.jpg

I also love this kit. I builds great for the most part. Decals are challenging just due to how they are routed over a contour. The sleeper also is a bit of an interesting challenge as you want to paint the parts separate and then assemble the sleeper, but I prefer to assemble it first and I do not think you can easily. 

Other than those 2 slight challenges, this kit goes together like Legos, very good quality and the fit is spot on. Typical kit of the ERTL era, excellent stuff. 

Oldmopars is all correct. Great kit to do, but it does have it's challenges. I also noticed that the front axle needs to be narrowed, and moved forward slightly as well!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 12:52 PM, TruckerAL said:

Oldmopars is all correct. Great kit to do, but it does have it's challenges. I also noticed that the front axle needs to be narrowed, and moved forward slightly as well!

"Slightly" ??    LOL.   Quite a bit, actually.

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2022 at 4:23 PM, Goodwrench3 said:

"Slightly" ??    LOL.   Quite a bit, actually.

Its all relative, in scale it is probably a foot or more, on the work bench it is 1/8-3/16in. "Slightly"

Good choice for a build. When looking for inspiration, I look at original factory brochures.  Seeing a pattern on many 60's and 70's trucks, aluminum front wheels, steel rear wheels.

IMG_1824.JPG

IMG_1823.JPG