Model Cars Magazine Forum

way gone mustang

plumnuts

this one was a slow starter. picked it up around thanksgiving and just tinkered with it and then it hit me.

why not? and here are some pics to show ya that I'm not fireing on all cylinders.

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

I hope not to upset any diehard mustang fans, but I'm just giving it a little more headroom. <_<

Edited by plumnuts

NOW! thats thinking out of the box Plumnut's, and thinking out of the box is a good thing, rock-n-roll, you know I'm gonna keep my eyeballs out on this build, I got a wild build goin thru my head, I just aint sold myself on it yet, so watching this will make, or break it for me.....

Edited by unforgiven

hatchback mustang?!?!

or would it be a wagon..

i don't think it'd really be a wagon since it's a 2 door right?

idk but I love the idea... design it and then give it to someone to make me a 1:1 :lol:

going for the wagon look, we will have to see if it comes out that way, <_<

still have alot of bodywork to do and we all know all you can do is hope for the best ;)

NOW! thats thinking out of the box Plumnut's, and you know I'm gonna keep my eyeballs out on this build, I got a wild build goin thru my head, I just aint sold myself on it yet, so watching this will make, or break it for me.....

if I cant get the glass to work out for me I might steal your idea from the wagon and make a delivery. I'll go for the wagon first. and the rendoring cal posted is going to help alot , I'm just going to try and round the back hatch a little more.

let me ask you this <_< on the back, should I cut down between the tail lights for a full hatch or just do a back window hatch?

Keep it a hatch just like the picture, my 2 cents.... Kinda a euro twist to the build...

thanks for the two cents bro I need all the money I can get B) I'v penceled the back with it between the tail lights so I'll stare at that while I get the top atached and smoothed. gona scratch build the hatch so I have plenty of time to stair at it.

thanks for the input. helps alot. :(

sweet thats cool too and make the hatch the full hatch like that pic and wow I love the pic!!!! but i like your idea of rounding it even more!!!

I see the potential for the perfect dream build...(i like very strange things lol..) If i had talent I would sure do one of my own :( keep us posted I can't wait!

sweet thats cool too and make the hatch the full hatch like that pic and wow I love the pic!!!! but i like your idea of rounding it even more!!!

I see the potential for the perfect dream build...(i like very strange things lol..) If i had talent I would sure do one of my own B) keep us posted I can't wait!

B-dub what do you mean talent? you dont need talent ,all you need is a saw and lots of putty. :(

oh and time, thats inportant lots of time. :P and I'm with you on the pic. I got lucky with socal posting that now I can use that as a referance. cause I can't draw!

MAN! I just cant stop looking at this, It's just so :(B):P:P dont even know how to put it into words man, cept to say rock-n-roll man, rock-n-roll!!!! I've seen some killer build's here, and here, will be another one for the books...

Edited by unforgiven

Lol I'm scared to see what monster I woud make after hacking up a model .. it wouldn't be pretty... although the deathrace thing almost made me try to do some custom work... but I'm honestly terrible at painting otherwise I could probably get the hang of custom stuff... I really was wanting to join up with the deathrace build just for fun but didn't find styrene and stuff at H.L. so I ended up not picking up a spare model to do a build.. I don't want to hijack your thread so I'll go play with the search button for tips on tools and supplies =P again i can't wait to see this complete.. idk why it excites me so much I have always been a fan of mustangs and I love hatchbacks and your wagon mustang is going to be awesome .. like my dream ride.. in an odd way.. lol

Did you use a magnum body to customize it or did you just by a special editon mustang wagon? I dont know, Unless they make hatchback mustangs now ;)

I havent seen a mustang wagon kit. don't think I would have tried this if I did. this is the 07 shelby by revell and the roof off of a doner body (lexus) from the parts box. ;)

Lol I'm scared to see what monster I woud make after hacking up a model .. it wouldn't be pretty... although the deathrace thing almost made me try to do some custom work... but I'm honestly terrible at painting otherwise I could probably get the hang of custom stuff... I really was wanting to join up with the deathrace build just for fun but didn't find styrene and stuff at H.L. so I ended up not picking up a spare model to do a build.. I don't want to hijack your thread so I'll go play with the search button for tips on tools and supplies =P again i can't wait to see this complete.. idk why it excites me so much I have always been a fan of mustangs and I love hatchbacks and your wagon mustang is going to be awesome .. like my dream ride.. in an odd way.. lol

Go to wallyworld or a hardware store and get some "for sale" signs, cheap styrene right there.

got the top in place and thinking these are the wheels. :lol: still not sure where to cut the back, <_< have the cut lines for both directions i'm thinking of. still have tons of bodywork on the top before I get to the hatch so there is plenty of time.

would still like your openions on it. should I go straight across or drop down to the bumper? :P

almost forgot the pictures

IMG_0641.jpg

the whole back needs to be closed in.

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

Edited by plumnuts

got the top in place and thinking these are the wheels. :P still not sure where to cut the back, :D have the cut lines for both directions i'm thinking of. still have tons of bodywork on the top before I get to the hatch so there is plenty of time.

would still like your openions on it. should I go straight across or drop down to the bumper? ;)

almost forgot the pictures

IMG_0641.jpg

the whole back needs to be closed in.

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

:P !!!! amazing and i think the hatch should go all the way down plus it gives it more of a complex look like it was meant to be that way rather than just the window as a hatch just my 2 cents, Bobby W.

Oh and I got your PM thanks for your input .. now that the forsale sign thing was brought up i may go get a couple and try to find some putty around local (no LHS and too impatient to wait for an order :P at the moment) Idk what I'll make..... I sure hate the idea of hacking into something so I'll probably actually end up looking for just a body for now