Model Cars Magazine Forum

'65 Nova Pro Street Update 11/14/22 Completed Chassis Photo Pg. 5

Plowboy

Oh ya, looking good in blue. The colour really brings all the bodywork together Roger. Looks fantastic as is, but….. If you can sneak the rear down a couple inches it’s a definite home run. 

Cheers, Steve

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2022 at 10:22 PM, Steve H said:

Oh ya, looking good in blue. The colour really brings all the bodywork together Roger. Looks fantastic as is, but….. If you can sneak the rear down a couple inches it’s a definite home run. 

Cheers, Steve

Thanx Steve! Unfortunately, I can't lower the rear any more. At least not without a ton of work involved. The juice isn't worth the squeeze. I may flip the front spindles back to original and see what it looks like. I think it will raise the frontend about the same as I wanted to lower the rear. 

Just seeing this for the first time, what an excellent build you have so far. The final hood scoop looks fantastic, I think the stance is perfect as-is, and that color looks awesome. The Tamiya Metallics are great to experiment with concerning base colors. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, espo said:

Nice looking bright blue color. Do you think the silver mica color made it brighter? 

Thanx David! I'm sure it's somewhat brighter than it would have been over just the gray primer. I actually shot all three coats in the same session. That may have made a difference. 

• 3 months later...

I'm back on this one for a minute. Hopefully, until it's done this time around. I was able to steal a bit of time and was able to make some pretty good progress. I have the chassis, floor pan, door panels, dash, roll bar, underside of the hood, engine, radiator support and rearend in paint. I'm hoping I can steal enough time to get the body and hood cleared too. We'll see. 

20220907_131313-1.jpg.6ce2d793f6b82a7a7ba1297e83ae276e.jpg

I still have to paint the tops of the door panels body color. But, I have to wait until the satin black is dry. I also have to pick out a pair of seats. I don't like the seats from the Moebius kit and the Nova seats won't work either.

• Like 5

• Plowboy changed the title to '65 Nova Pro Street Update 9/7/22 More Paint!
  • 2 weeks later...

I now have the body in three coats of clear. Just need to sand and polish now.

20220917_195438-1.jpg.3f1ce3740763c491fa93be27d3b5aacd.jpg

20220917_195426-1.jpg.42d30c9ab412f4585f5ebad8a6a60bc2.jpg

Can't wait to get the chassis back together so that I can mock up the body on it again. I have the rearend in paint. Still have to paint all of the front suspension. I have it in primer. The engine and transmission are painted with Tamiya Mica Silver. With no clear, it looks pretty close to bare aluminum. I want the engine to look like it's all aluminum with different sheens on the accessories. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx guys, I appreciate it! Very little time equals very little progress. But, I have managed to get the chassis together enough to do a mockup. I still have to add the exhaust and rear shocks. The interior is almost complete. Just have to detail the dash, add the console that I cut out of an Alternomad and shifter from an AMT '66 Fairlane. I've polished the body with Tamiya Course and Fine compounds. I'll foil it and then go over it with the Finish compound.

20221004_115352-1.jpg.efef6f9c9f2707cf94671d053eeec79b.jpg

20221004_115459-1.jpg.bb2c5fbfd4eff6cbbc55ffe844a54ee2.jpg

The engine is installed. Just have to add the carburetors and air cleaners. Only detail I added was ignition wires.

20221004_115424-1.jpg.640e92e9f529ed98527ff9c6f60fbccc.jpg

It's getting close to being done! Think when I get this one out of the way, I'll get back in on my '62 Galaxie.

• Like 5

• Plowboy changed the title to '65 Nova Pro Street Update 10/4/22 Polished Paint, Engine and Final Mockup.
On 9/17/2022 at 7:14 PM, Plowboy said:

I now have the body in three coats of clear. Just need to sand and polish now.

20220917_195438-1.jpg.3f1ce3740763c491fa93be27d3b5aacd.jpg

20220917_195426-1.jpg.42d30c9ab412f4585f5ebad8a6a60bc2.jpg

Can't wait to get the chassis back together so that I can mock up the body on it again. I have the rearend in paint. Still have to paint all of the front suspension. I have it in primer. The engine and transmission are painted with Tamiya Mica Silver. With no clear, it looks pretty close to bare aluminum. I want the engine to look like it's all aluminum with different sheens on the accessories. 

Roger, where did you get those Jack stands..

• Plowboy changed the title to '65 Nova Pro Street Update 11/14/22 Completed Chassis Photo Pg. 5