Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan 1959 Plymouth Fury restoration

rsmodels

Here's a 59 Plymouth I finished a while ago. I repaired the glue damage and holes from the previous builder and polished the glass. It has Modelhaus chrome. The tires are originals. The paint is Krylon Maize Yellow with a white  roof.

I added wheel wells to the original chassis. I also added clear sections to the upper and lower part of the steering wheel. I didn't bother to do that on the 61 Plymouth I posted last week.

I hope you like this one and thanks for looking. All comments and/or questions are welcome.   -Rich

DCFC0004.JPG

DCFC0002.JPG

DCFC0009.JPG

DCFC0004 (2).JPG

DCFC0008 (2).JPG

DCFC0011 (2).JPG

DCFC0026.JPG

DCFC0029.JPG

DCFC0030.JPG

DCFC0012 (2).JPG

DCFC0014 (2).JPG

DCFC0037 (2).JPG

DCFC0039.JPG

DCFC0043.JPG

DCFC0045 (2).JPG

DCFC0051.JPG

• Like 3

You have posted some absolutely beautiful builds, but this may be my favorite so far! The color, the style of the body, the right-on-stock "sit" of the model, the interior colors, and on and on... What a gem this is. You must have a treasure trove of classic kits and/or reproductions! Sometimes a model shows up here that honestly makes me say "I've got to find one of those", and so now I've got to find one of those. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bisc63 said:

You have posted some absolutely beautiful builds, but this may be my favorite so far! The color, the style of the body, the right-on-stock "sit" of the model, the interior colors, and on and on... What a gem this is. You must have a treasure trove of classic kits and/or reproductions! Sometimes a model shows up here that honestly makes me say "I've got to find one of those", and so now I've got to find one of those. Thanks!

Thank you Rusty. My unbuilt kit stash is small compared to many on here (4-500), but most are original kits from 1955-70.  I also have some resin kits. I try to do restorations when possible rather than build  the NOS kits.   -Rich

Another one of your beautiful restorations. The interior is really outstanding with the pattern seat inserts and the steering wheel. Great smooth paint and color looks great. I like the showroom appearance.   

On 4/7/2022 at 8:38 PM, cobraman said:

Very sharp model.

On 4/7/2022 at 11:11 PM, #1 model citizen said:

Another beautiful restoration!

On 4/8/2022 at 7:31 AM, Tom99 said:

Absolutely beautiful!

On 4/8/2022 at 8:51 AM, ChrisR said:

GREAT restoration!!

On 4/8/2022 at 10:57 AM, Kah puts said:

Ah geez, you went and done it again, wow!

On 4/8/2022 at 11:48 AM, espo said:

Another one of your beautiful restorations. The interior is really outstanding with the pattern seat inserts and the steering wheel. Great smooth paint and color looks great. I like the showroom appearance.   

17 hours ago, Maindrian Pace said:

One of my favorite Youtubers has a near exact 1:1 car. Beautiful job and perfect color combo, '57-'59 Furys and hardtops are always a favorite.

12 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

That's a real looker, well done!

3 hours ago, thatz4u said:

well done..

1 hour ago, bill-e-boy said:

Excellent, great model. But then I am biased as MoparMan

Thank you all, I appreciate your comments!

There is an incredible array of superbly built subjects to look at on this forum, but your restoration of these old jewels is the sort of thing I always hope to see more of when I come here. Not only are they rare, but you are really doing them justice with excellent paint and trim work. Your intricate painting of those interiors is impressive as well. As a replica stock fan, I find the color choices you’ve made for these cars really nice and very realistic. 
I have a number of old built ups of my own from this era that I hope to do the same thing with, so seeing yours has me inspired. Thanks for sharing yours!

21 hours ago, slusher said:

Beautifully done Plymouth!  Wonderfully detailed interior and great color choices !

11 hours ago, Smitty said:

There is an incredible array of superbly built subjects to look at on this forum, but your restoration of these old jewels is the sort of thing I always hope to see more of when I come here. Not only are they rare, but you are really doing them justice with excellent paint and trim work. Your intricate painting of those interiors is impressive as well. As a replica stock fan, I find the color choices you’ve made for these cars really nice and very realistic. 
I have a number of old built ups of my own from this era that I hope to do the same thing with, so seeing yours has me inspired. Thanks for sharing yours!

Thanks Eric, I'll be posting more.

3 hours ago, ewetwo said:

That looks fantastic!

Thank you!

53 minutes ago, gks1964 said:

Very well done!! I just picked up a rebuilder myself.

Please post it when it's done.