Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Cutlass Conv reissue - not stock.

oldscool

Here's my second completion of the year. OOB except for tires from the parts box (the piecrust slicks were the biggest ones that would fit inside the rear fender openings without surgery). The wheels are from the 66 Wildcat reissue as well as the seat with the headrest portion cut off as I thought the optional seats in the kit looked too modern for the era. I tried to make the seat upholstery look like the old sparkle Naugahyde (save the nauga!) and the steering wheel like an old Moon metalflake wheel by painting them both with Stop Light Red over chrome silver.The decals are a mix of kit and some from the 66 Wildcat. I modified the Bonny-ville motors decals to just Bonny Motors. I drilled out the injector intakes and added a fuel pump from the Double Dragster kit to fill the empty hole in the water pump. Didn't bother photographing the chassis because it's just the stock one  painted flat black.          

Shaved the trim and door handle because it's a race car and painted her in Tamiya yellow Pearl over their white primer. The engine is Testors tangerine from the little bottle just because I've never used this color before.

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

• Like 3

Your build looks excellent. 

I bet Round 2 is rolling their eyes at us and saying, "We spent all that time redoing it and they're building like it was before we started. Should have ran it as it was! ARGHH!!!" 😁

I doubt they're too unhappy, I've bought a few copies myself. Plan to buy more. 

Edited by Oldcarfan27

Thanks again for the kind comments. I have since touched up the little white nubs in front of the radiator.lol

10 hours ago, lazlow said:

that's fantastic, you wont see one of those every day. You nailed that interior with the red sparkly Naugahyde, (and what is nauga any way😁)

I think naugahyde is just a fancy word for vinyl lazlow.😉