Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

IH Mobile home toter


Recommended Posts

This is my first W.I.P. post here so bear with me if I don't update it often, I might forget lol. But I just recently started on this build I've been wanting to try out for quite a few years, a mobile home toter. Got the frame cut to a single axle, and the interior shell/cab cut for the opening doors. Hinges should be here in about 2-3 weeks so I have plenty of time to work on the bed and other parts. 

Here's where I am with it as of tonight. Basic bed floor, and bed mounts are done! More to come 

20220409_211407.jpg

20220411_010300.jpg

20220411_010304.jpg

20220411_010256.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a great project!! I like mobile home toters! They have always been popular around here! I like that you have opened the doors. Don’t forget that the upper part of the Transtar molding is on the door itself. Just the lower strip of chrome stays on the cab. 
364762BF-394F-429D-9D9B-8BB6634E65D7.jpeg.1f4e30a4ad1113957c714437490c0847.jpeg

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

This is a great project!! I like mobile home toters! They have always been popular around here! I like that you have opened the doors. Don’t forget that the upper part of the Transtar molding is on the door itself. Just the lower strip of chrome stays on the cab. 
364762BF-394F-429D-9D9B-8BB6634E65D7.jpeg.1f4e30a4ad1113957c714437490c0847.jpeg

 

Thanks for the info! I'll have to remember that. So the chrome transtar trim stays on the door, except for the very bottom strip of chrome where the steps are?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i was in the business for most of my life owning 2 IH totors . if u need detail parts send me a message or PM me on my group.. i just got some jacks and jack stands in to add to the bed detail on the one i built.. here is the link the one i built .. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, yh70 said:

i was in the business for most of my life owning 2 IH totors . if u need detail parts send me a message or PM me on my group.. i just got some jacks and jack stands in to add to the bed detail on the one i built.. here is the link the one i built .. 

 

Thanks buddy, I'll go ahead and shoot you a message on FB soon👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Little more done. Bed sides cut and glued, once dry I'll sand and putty if needed. Also decided to add a self inflating air system on the rears. Moving right along!

20220411_174514.jpg

20220411_155953.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks guys! And yes, those are super singles on the rear!

Some minor progress done today. A.c. unit made up, along with the bed tool boxes sanded and glued in. And I completely didn't realize this either, I needed to make filler panels for the cab and interior! So I got them all done up now. Next up on the list for the near future is making the extendable mirror bar for the front.

20220413_002503.jpg

20220413_014228.jpg

20220413_014241.jpg

20220413_014244.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Not much updates on this one yet, finally got my door hinges in the mail, but still waiting for the round 2 replacement parts to get this build into paint! Until then, I started a new project that I won't reveal until it's completed! There will be some more progress pics in the near future...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/11/2022 at 1:17 AM, TruckerAL said:

This is my first W.I.P. post here so bear with me if I don't update it often, I might forget lol. But I just recently started on this build I've been wanting to try out for quite a few years, a mobile home toter. Got the frame cut to a single axle, and the interior shell/cab cut for the opening doors. Hinges should be here in about 2-3 weeks so I have plenty of time to work on the bed and other parts. 

Here's where I am with it as of tonight. Basic bed floor, and bed mounts are done! More to come 

20220409_211407.jpg

20220411_010300.jpg

20220411_010304.jpg

20220411_010256.jpg

That's looking pretty nice...never thought about one of those before

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got in my round 2 replacement parts last week. And I had a quick break after I got home from work today to paint the truck. All the parts are painted and currently drying. In a few days I should finally start assembling this beast! Here's a quick teaser of the cab color I chose 

received_568965074556371.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Mopar - D said:

Nice progress Alex I like your color blue. 

Thank you! It's testors deja blue. One of my favorite colors 

1 hour ago, Engine 51 said:

Can I ask what you used to cut the cab doors with?

I carefully used the back of an xacto knife. It took time but the results were fantastic. Well worth it 

 

Here's a closer picture of the cab and 90% complete engine. I should be able to start building the frame this week 

20220516_144717.jpg

20220516_135616.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally made more progress on this project. Doors installed, interior complete, most of the frame finished. Just need to make side windows, install the door panels/sills, and get all the cab accessories and bed installed. Making great progress but still a long ways away

20220521_014840.jpg

20220521_014843.jpg

20220521_005409.jpg

20220521_005402.jpg

20220521_005339.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...