Model Cars Magazine Forum

Otaki 1/12 scale 1971 (?) Mustang Mach 1

cobraman

Ive got the Otaki 16th scale Bertone Jaguar Pirana - parts trees look like the Mustang - tjere is one for sale on ebay right now - do not - i repeat - do not - spend what the seller is asking for This kit - unless you must have a large scale model of everything Jaguar …

That’s crazy.  I forgot how small the mufflers are in the kit.  I’ll have to take a look at the 1/12 65 Mustang GT kit to see if there are any normal size ones. No help with the GT350 kit as it has side exhaust with cherry bomb style noice makers.  Not even sure I still have the regular fastback kit.  Shapeways has flowmasters.

34D90823-663D-4C12-867C-97CDB14A0191.png

Edited by vamach1

4 hours ago, cobraman said:

Went to their site to order a couple. 33.00 shipped ! Nice but not worth that much to me so I will have to come up with something else. Thanks for the suggestion just the same.

Year that is pretty pricey for one pair.

How do they look with the rest of the wheel Ray?

Very odd design but it does make it easier to do the detail painting I guess. 

I had a version of this kit when I was way too young to build it. It was the version that included the electric motor, lights and all the wiring. Anyone know which one that was? 

1 hour ago, Can-Con said:

How do they look with the rest of the wheel Ray?

Very odd design but it does make it easier to do the detail painting I guess. 

I had a version of this kit when I was way too young to build it. It was the version that included the electric motor, lights and all the wiring. Anyone know which one that was? 

I think only the earlier issues had the metal wheels.  Later on they went to being on the chrome tree.  I think all the versions had the ability to have wiring for working headlight and taillights.  This kit in on Ebay and the bid is up to $91.

AE8783C1-2861-4BD2-9CA8-1D22C74D1258.png

13C7961A-FC40-4503-A568-710B093471B8.png

17 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

I think only the earlier issues had the metal wheels.  Later on they went to being on the chrome tree.  I think all the versions had the ability to have wiring for working headlight and taillights.  This kit in on Ebay and the bid is up to $91.

Thanks Rex. What I meant to say was the one I had, did have all the wiring , light bulbs, etc in the kit. Seems to me you had to wind the wire and assemble the electric motor that went inside the engine block.  It did definitly include all the electronics in the kit though.

On 4/15/2022 at 2:52 PM, vamach1 said:

I can't find it. I would not mind another one. ?