Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 68'CAMARO RS/SS

kelson

20 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Curtis, if you have enough of the gold left, just cover the decals and airbrush just enough gold over the bad spots to cover them and clearcoat it again. I've had to do this a few tiles and it can work well. 

I still have half a bottle of paint left ,so i stripped it and will start over again,plus i'm waiting for new decals from keith Marks for it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well... it's been a few months,but i'm back working on this build,interior is almost complete,paint is Tamiya matt black,i used various decals for the gauges and wood grain and some P/E to and embossing powder.IMG_E3823.thumb.JPG.44a6832822d91f27676bba2ba779f9db.JPGIMG_E3827.thumb.JPG.547d79cf14b55805dcf7f6d582912020.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

What a beautiful color on that car Curtis. I'm catching up to a couple of points on this build.

The interior has a really well detailed look to it and is set off with the different shades and lusters of black to add depth and that engine detailing is going to make that whole engine bay area shine!! Just a quick observation but you may want to take a Q-tip to polish out that fingerprint on the driver's side rocker cover. Fantastic work going into this ride.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...