Model Cars Magazine Forum

'67 Shelby Gasser

afx

JC, I HAVE to ask, what's your method for getting such a clean curbed cut like that on the front end?   I've got to do that on the mav and I've had success in the past but I didn't get it as clean  as yours.   Any tips are appreciated.   cheers, tim

50 minutes ago, Codi said:

JC, I HAVE to ask, what's your method for getting such a clean curbed cut like that on the front end?   I've got to do that on the mav and I've had success in the past but I didn't get it as clean  as yours.   Any tips are appreciated.   cheers, tim

I used (2) bodies Tim and filed and sanded the separate sections to fit one another.  I have tried in the past using a jewlers saw with not much success, it is challenging.

Zona Jewelers Saw – 3″ cutting depth | Hand Saws and Blades

Edited by afx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Codi said:

Thanks JC....that's what I've resorted to in the past.......hate cutting up that spare body of course.  cheers, tim

Not so bad cutting up a common '67 Mustang but cutting up a Johan Maverick - yikes!:)

16 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

Nice dissection.  With all the spare bodies you have from using the chassis parts for your 65-66’s I’m sure you did not sweat cutting two up for one.

Yep, that is where the extra body came from.

JC, You're oh so right about the Johan Maverick.....I was curious and checked  ebay today &  they're selling for $330. up to $450......insane.  I got mine from the U.K. several years ago and I think it cost me around $140. at that time.  crazy I know.   cheers

This is great!    back in like '70-71, my mother got my father the Shelby Drag Team kits for his b Day.. he straight axled' it in no time.. I found it not too long in a box, I started re assembling it, not re doing it, i didnt post it for fear of retribution!

May I HI JACK this thread with a pic soon?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, geemoney said:

This is great!    back in like '70-71, my mother got my father the Shelby Drag Team kits for his b Day.. he straight axled' it in no time.. I found it not too long in a box, I started re assembling it, not re doing it, i didnt post it for fear of retribution!

May I HI JACK this thread with a pic soon?

Would love the see it.

• Like 1

• afx changed the title to '67 Shelby Gasser

Well I was afraid this was going to happen, with only the window trim to support it the cowl was just too weak.

DSCN8205

Body #3 with a redesign for the cowl area - feels much stronger hopefully will last through the build.  It will now have a Shelby body with a Mustang front clip just as in the video.

DSCN8204DSCN8207

• Like 4