Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 pro mod camaro

comp1839

rear and susp. i seem to have lost my photos of the rear housing assy. the entire rear is put together like a real  one.   each plate is a separate piece and soldered together. rear axle spindles are turned brass and soldered in place on a small fixture i made. 

010 (6).JPG

006 (7).JPG

001 (11).JPG

104.JPG

107.JPG

003 (13).JPG

• Like 3

On 4/21/2022 at 2:05 PM, comp1839 said:

i promised to give some earlier shots of the camaro's build. if you want more details on any thing ...just ask.

one of the parts i enjoy the most is doing the wheels. fronts are 15x3.5 spindle mounts and  were black anodized and then machined. talk about pressure. zero room for error here. then the were the back wheels 16x16 double bead locks.  i'm hoping the effort shows through. 

DSCN5051.JPG

DSCN5054.JPG

Couldn't imagine doing that in the mill. I have a cnc engraver sitting here I'm going to try out when I get to my beadlocks. See how well it works. Its designed for pet tags and many other things so it shouldn't be a problem with the anodize and with a 12"x12" table, it's big enough for my uses!

Ron, thanks.

Paul, ALWAYS a fan of your work. if you need anything, let me know!!!

Jimmy, thanks! you are correct about that being my ride (actually me and the wife's). we had  a blast at that show!  so many good friends in the car / pro street  world!!!

• Like 1

so, i got some more stuff done. i'm working a lot faster than normal. some of the details may or may not get put into the car. i'm just really dis appointed in the thickness  of the body and i don't want to put an extreme amount of effort into a build that, in the end, will not look right with body that is 1" thick in scale. any way....

fuel system

DSCN0459.JPG

DSCN0465.thumb.JPG.d995cd3fe04a02707e668dc33839d656.JPG

plug wires

DSCN0463.thumb.JPG.c32dcd6a5863a65f2252bd7ed9697a02.JPG

more interior panels

DSCN0461.JPG

fire bottles

DSCN0466.JPG

hoosier mask 

DSCN0468.JPG

bonded the scoop to the body

DSCN0469.JPG

DSCN0462.JPG

Edited by comp1839
  • Like 3

WOW Dave, your real toy is a piece of art, It helps to understand your obsession for the creation of all these details on your model, a logical continuation I would say!

Even if the body walls are thicker than desired, I don't think they are going to be the focal point considering the amount of detail that enthusiasts will have to deal with... 😉