Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 pro mod camaro

comp1839

Fantastic! I only built one 1/8th model in my life and that was Monogram's E-Type in the mid-60s. Sadly, now I don't have the workspace, display area, or the brain power to take on a challenge like this. But I am really enjoying following your amazing work. Thanks! 

Goodness gracious Dave.........the frame is beautiful in paint & I love the color you picked.  It sets off all the beautiful pieces you've fabricated.   You're excited now I can see and moving VERY rapidly.   So worth it to see you pull this project forward and complete it, you've got to be stoked.    Cheers, tim

thanks Tim!!! you always motivate me.  

thanks Steve.

thanks Jason, every once in a while it's not long before it hits the floor!!!! hehehe

thanks Francis. there was so much time and effort in it already i knew i had to finish it.  i guess i'll just have to wait and build a super killer 1/8 scale version of my '37 now. 

spent the better part of the day making decals, nitrous valves, gauges, and tie rods. got the sparky plugs wired too. 

DSCN0528.JPG

DSCN0529.JPG

DSCN0531.JPG

DSCN0530.JPG

DSCN0527.JPG

DSCN0526.JPG

DSCN0519.JPG

DSCN0506.JPG

• Like 2

i came upon some pics of the rear housing i made for this one. i turned some spindles  out of brass(i was going to make the rear work but later canned the ideaa)  cut some axle tubes, cut the individual plates and the soldered her all up. 

757.jpg

759.jpg

758.jpg

755.jpg

756.jpg

• Like 2

i just thought i'd let you guys know i'll be putting this on the back burner again. hopefully not for 10 more years.  my '37 needs a motor transplant so that will be taking my time for awhile. thanks for all the nice words and i'll be back as soon as i can. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!