Model Cars Magazine Forum

Buddy Baker # 11 Dodge

bluestringer

When I stopped building models about 25-30 years ago I was building only NASCAR models. I started the hobby back less than a year ago and so far I've only done muscle cars, drag cars, and hot rods. So thought it was time for a NASCAR. I picked up this generic Salvinos JR Dodge kit a few months ago and I'm ready to get started on it. Seems like a nice kit, are the chrome parts real metal? I have decals for the number 11 Buddy Baker 71 Dodge. It will be a few more days before I start the build but I did go ahead and get the body painted. Also after watching a video by Hpiguy showcasing the Salvinos JR number 9 Chase Elliot 2022 Chevy kit, I preordered the kit. It looks to be a really nice kit. All comments welcome, and thanks for looking.

_IGP0823.jpg

Edited by bluestringer

6 hours ago, sflam123 said:

If you don't mind a question:  What red did you use to paint the body?

Don't mind at all. That is Createx Opaque Red. I put it on top of Createx White Autoborne base coat. I have since put some Revive It floor polish on for a clear coat. 

On 4/18/2022 at 6:31 AM, bluestringer said:

Don't mind at all. That is Createx Opaque Red. I put it on top of Createx White Autoborne base coat. I have since put some Revive It floor polish on for a clear coat. 

Thank you.  It turnabout GREAT.  The red really pops, which is why I wanted to know.