Model Cars Magazine Forum

David Pearson Pontiac GTO

Pierre Rivard

Another excellent one done for your display case, Pierre. Great job on the chassis getting it to fit the body like a glove and not trying to use a Nascar chassis that was chopped up to make it happen, Also the brush painting, detailed interior, stance and engine compartment all look fantastic. Nice to see one of these GTO's done. Not very many out there done because of the high degree of work to make it happen. Again, very wonderful build.

2 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Another excellent one done for your display case, Pierre. Great job on the chassis getting it to fit the body like a glove and not trying to use a Nascar chassis that was chopped up to make it happen, Also the brush painting, detailed interior, stance and engine compartment all look fantastic. Nice to see one of these GTO's done. Not very many out there done because of the high degree of work to make it happen. Again, very wonderful build.

Thanks Mark, happy to get this one finished.

I'm still struggling with the photos. The blue background needs to go. Working on a new setup.

5 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Great looking photo setup. Gives background info on the car in the background. And the model itself seems to have more clarity. Did you paint the cork tile, or did it come that color?  Again, I like it very much.

I like it too. I used a cheap cork tile from the dollar store and painted it flat black, then a few light dry brushed coats of various earth and gray tones.

5 hours ago, Johnny Canuck said:

Settin' standards, Pierre. Comme d'habitude.

A shame this car didn't run as good as it looked. And we certainly won't blame the driver. 

Merci John. Can't blame the driver. Best all time driver in my book but it would be a close fight with Bobby A.

Pierre, saw the car race twice. It was a beautiful ride and you have really captured the flavor of it. Your work is excellent. The car wasn't as bad as a lot of people think. It was a 12/13 place qualifier at the tracks I saw it run at.  The entry in the World 600 was so over shadowed by the white # 3 Jr. Johnson prepared Monte Carlo that it really didn't have a chance unless of course it won. Which it didn't. Left the race with engine problems.  At the fall race in Darlington I believed is qualified 12/13 and Pearson was bringing it through the pack when engine troubles hit it again. For a car with no more success than it had it as always caused a stir with race fans. Your car is excellent , wish I had the patients to build it the way you have. Again nice work. 

2 hours ago, james220 said:

Pierre, saw the car race twice. It was a beautiful ride and you have really captured the flavor of it. Your work is excellent. The car wasn't as bad as a lot of people think. It was a 12/13 place qualifier at the tracks I saw it run at.  The entry in the World 600 was so over shadowed by the white # 3 Jr. Johnson prepared Monte Carlo that it really didn't have a chance unless of course it won. Which it didn't. Left the race with engine problems.  At the fall race in Darlington I believed is qualified 12/13 and Pearson was bringing it through the pack when engine troubles hit it again. For a car with no more success than it had it as always caused a stir with race fans. Your car is excellent , wish I had the patients to build it the way you have. Again nice work. 

Thanks James. When I got in the hobby 5 years ago that car was at the top of my list and I am happy I finally got to do it.

I hope we'll get to see your's soon. Sharing and learning from each other is always so helpful.

• 4 weeks later...