Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1969 Plymouth GTX Convertible.

Dragonhawk1066

Here's my version of AMT's 1969 Plymouth GTX Convertible. Paint is Createx Pearlized Silver, with Anita's Glossy Black on the lower portion. Clear is Createx UVLS Gloss Clear. Interior and hood stripes are Anita's Glossy Black as well, with hand painted woodgrain highlighting the interior. Trim is BMF and Fireball Modelworks white letter decals adorn the tires. I added I added plug wires, door locks, and valve stems for extra details. This is a pretty decent kit all around that went together well, and overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Thanks for looking!

DSCN0333.JPG

DSCN0334.JPG

DSCN0336.JPG

DSCN0338.JPG

DSCN0340.JPG

DSCN0342.JPG

DSCN0345.JPG

DSCN0347.JPG

DSCN0350.JPG

DSCN0352.JPG

DSCN0355.JPG

DSCN0357.JPG

• Like 5

That color combination is really sharp looking Craig and beautiful foil work. I've been looking at the interiors your last couple builds and thought the realistic woodgrain were decals until I read they were hand painted. 

Just curious as to what you used for the plug wire boots. I just recently purchased some 30AWG wrapping wire and not sure what to use for the boots. 

5 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Here's my version of AMT's 1969 Plymouth GTX Convertible. Paint is Createx Pearlized Silver, with Anita's Glossy Black on the lower portion. Clear is Createx UVLS Gloss Clear. Interior and hood stripes are Anita's Glossy Black as well, with hand painted woodgrain highlighting the interior. Trim is BMF and Fireball Modelworks white letter decals adorn the tires. I added I added plug wires, door locks, and valve stems for extra details. This is a pretty decent kit all around that went together well, and overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Thanks for looking!

DSCN0333.JPG

DSCN0334.JPG

DSCN0336.JPG

DSCN0338.JPG

DSCN0340.JPG

DSCN0342.JPG

DSCN0345.JPG

DSCN0347.JPG

DSCN0350.JPG

DSCN0352.JPG

DSCN0355.JPG

DSCN0357.JPG

Nice work on the model but that black interior is going to burn the bum when the sun is out, especially with the top down..

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Jim B said:

Nice looking GTX.  Well done. 

22 hours ago, deuces wild said:

😎👍

22 hours ago, cobraman said:

Great looking model. The interior is extra nice.

21 hours ago, bisc63 said:

I was liking this in silver, then you added the black lower body and man, did that punch up the look a notch or two! Very nice! Sharp, and a clean build. Well done.

19 hours ago, Lobo2me said:

Nicely done!

17 hours ago, charger74 said:

It looks very good 

17 hours ago, moparfarmer said:

Nice work on the model but that black interior is going to burn the bum when the sun is out, especially with the top down..

10 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Super nice GTX, well done!

10 hours ago, Tom99 said:

Very nice!

6 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Nice.

5 hours ago, ea0863 said:

Wow! Awesome exterior, interior, engine compartment, and even undercarriage!

4 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Love all the work that you put into this build and enjoyed looking in on the build as it was ongoing. Great turn out Craig.

1 hour ago, espo said:

Great looking color combination. I like the realistic look of the interior. Very cleanly detailed trim. 

Thanks everyone, much appreciated!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AMT68 said:

That color combination is really sharp looking Craig and beautiful foil work. I've been looking at the interiors your last couple builds and thought the realistic woodgrain were decals until I read they were hand painted. 

Just curious as to what you used for the plug wire boots. I just recently purchased some 30AWG wrapping wire and not sure what to use for the boots. 

Thank you, much appreciated! I also use 30 AWG wrapping wire, I got a large spool on Amazon for $12. For the boots I use wires from an HDMI cable. There's brown, orange, blue, and green, and one of each color with white stripes. I cut about 6 inches at a time, pull out the copper wire, and use a sharp exacto blade to cut into little boots. I use the copper wire for several other purposes, including valve stems, door lock knobs, and holding parts for painting.

3 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

For the boots I use wires from an HDMI cable. There's brown, orange, blue, and green, and one of each color with white stripes. I cut about 6 inches at a time, pull out the copper wire, and use a sharp exacto blade to cut into little boots. I use the copper wire for several other purposes, including valve stems, door lock knobs, and holding parts for painting.

Thanks for the helpful info Craig and it's great that what is used would be something that's readily available. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AMT68 said:

Thanks for the helpful info Craig and it's great that what is used would be something that's readily available. 

Yes it is, and what I have may just last forever, lol. I must correct myself though, it's telephone cable that I got the wires from, not HDMI cable.