Model Cars Magazine Forum

customized Monkee mobile

On 4/20/2022 at 9:31 AM, NOBLNG said:

Type this into google. 
site:modelcarsmag.com monkee mobile

Thanks Greg!

On 4/20/2022 at 4:58 PM, wrenchr said:

Hah, I just picked a few of the kits up awhile back and a swap meet. one partial built is an original with box. 

I picked up a built one thats been mildly modified..I cant stand it in "stock form" so wild custom it becomes haha

• chris chabre changed the title to customized Monkee mobile
On 4/21/2022 at 7:17 PM, chris chabre said:

Thanks Greg!

I picked up a built one thats been mildly modified..I cant stand it in "stock form" so wild custom it becomes haha

Same here, never had one before and worse case it is parts. 

• Like 1

I'm building the 1989 Blueprinter reissue (moulded in red) --- such a fun kit! Keeping its body in its as-moulded colour, but with a few coats of Future [et al.] brushed on. Top and interior in white; carpet will be red instead of black or beige; may keep the dashboard red, too. 

Only change I'm going to make is the tyres (taller & wider rear) and, possibly, wheels (still Cragar S/S, but may have to go wider on rears).

I'm considering buying another one of these kits, and changing its wheels (maybe Motor Wheels Spyders) and going with a different colour scheme.

On 4/25/2022 at 3:41 PM, 1972coronet said:

I'm building the 1989 Blueprinter reissue (moulded in red) --- such a fun kit! Keeping its body in its as-moulded colour, but with a few coats of Future [et al.] brushed on. Top and interior in white; carpet will be red instead of black or beige; may keep the dashboard red, too. 

Only change I'm going to make is the tyres (taller & wider rear) and, possibly, wheels (still Cragar S/S, but may have to go wider on rears).

I'm considering buying another one of these kits, and changing its wheels (maybe Motor Wheels Spyders) and going with a different colour scheme.

I believe thats the reissue I have as well. It pretty much fell apart in shipping which saves me a ton of time. I just need to get a donor gto kit and the cutting begins

1 hour ago, chris chabre said:

I believe thats the reissue I have as well. It pretty much fell apart in shipping which saves me a ton of time. I just need to get a donor gto kit and the cutting begins

The Round2/MPC 1967 GTO that's been reissued is, in es, what the Monkeemobile is based upon. I'm sure that older issues of that MPC 1967 GTO are available on the cheap (it's a much chided kit which requires quite a bit of massaging to make it presentable), perhaps even the Revell 1966 GTO could be had reasonably (another older kit, but with modern tooling).

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.