Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin Corvair Station Wagon

Greetings All,

About a month ago I purchased this resin body and interior tub from a 'caster' in California.  It looks like he put a lot of time and effort into this piece to make it 'factory correct' and I believe it is one of the best Corvairs I have seen.  Very clean and sharp!  The parts from the AMT 1968 Corvair Monza, (#6773), will fit perfectly, including the windshield.  The interior even has the engine cover molded in! 

I purchased it from him when he was on Ebay, but he has since decided to work on a Facebook page which is not up yet.  He has given me permission to post his Email address if anyone is interested.

His name is Joe.   randomresinjoe@gmail.com  

If you are a fan of Corvairs, Station Wagons, or just looking for an unusual project, you won't be disappointed in the quality of this casting.    

DSC00548.JPG

DSC00549.JPG

DSC00550.JPG

DSC00551.JPG

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Anthony, I paid $45 when it was on Ebay.  He was posts them once in a while there with some other pieces but, as I stated in the post, he is planning to use Facebook eventually. 

Send him an email on the address I posted. 

On 4/20/2022 at 4:40 PM, Joe Lange said:

Greetings All,

About a month ago I purchased this resin body and interior tub from a 'caster' in California.  It looks like he put a lot of time and effort into this piece to make it 'factory correct' and I believe it is one of the best Corvairs I have seen.  Very clean and sharp!  The parts from the AMT 1968 Corvair Monza, (#6773), will fit perfectly, including the windshield.  The interior even has the engine cover molded in! 

I purchased it from him when he was on Ebay, but he has since decided to work on a Facebook page which is not up yet.  He has given me permission to post his Email address if anyone is interested.

His name is Joe.   randomresinjoe@gmail.com  

If you are a fan of Corvairs, Station Wagons, or just looking for an unusual project, you won't be disappointed in the quality of this casting.    

DSC00548.JPG

DSC00549.JPG

DSC00550.JPG

DSC00551.JPG

That is cool. What all comes with it? Bumpers, rims or any other parts?

Anthony, you will need the AMT 1968/69 Corvair kit.  It is only a resin body and tub that you get from Joe.  The pictures in my post show both pieces.  Everything else you can use from the AMT Corvair kit.  Send him an email at randomresinjoe@gmail.com